Technical Central locking

Currently reading:
Technical Central locking

Creusois

Hi folks.

A problem with my Scudo 2007 LHD central locking.

The drivers door locks manually with the key.

When I try to lock using either the cab button or the key fob, all the other locks click shut, then instantly open again.

The rear door lock will lock with the key if I wait for the central locking to click shut, click open, then the rear lock only clicks shut and stays locked until the key fob is pressed again.

There is no key entry to the Passenger door or side sliding door and no internal manual locking mechanism, so my van remains permanently unlocked apart from the drivers side.

All locks can be heard clicking, so power is getting through to them all.

Anyone had this problem and can point me on the right path? Inexpensive fixes preferred! The last owner promised to fix it but, despite much chasing, never has.

Many thanks.

Hi folks.

A problem with my Scudo 2007 LHD central locking.

The drivers door locks manually with the key.

When I try to lock using either the cab button or the key fob, all the other locks click shut, then instantly open again.

The rear door lock will lock with the key if I wait for the central locking to click shut, click open, then the rear lock only clicks shut and stays locked until the key fob is pressed again.

There is no key entry to the Passenger door or side sliding door and no internal manual locking mechanism, so my van remains permanently unlocked apart from the drivers side.

All locks can be heard clicking, so power is getting through to them all.

Anyone had this problem and can point me on the right path? Inexpensive fixes preferred! The last owner promised to fix it but, despite much chasing, never has.

Many thanks.
Normally I would say one of the doors wasn't shutting properly. If a sliding door is not totally aligned when closed it can cause the lock mechanism to not function, especially on older vehicles
Can you open each door individually and shut the lock catch with a screwdriver or something and try the auto lock button on the key to test each door.
Important to release the lock and pull the handle before closing the door again or you will damage the lock!

Normally I would say one of the doors wasn't shutting properly. If a sliding door is not totally aligned when closed it can cause the lock mechanism to not function, especially on older vehicles
Can you open each door individually and shut the lock catch with a screwdriver or something and try the auto lock button on the key to test each door.
Important to release the lock and pull the handle before closing the door again or you will damage the lock!
Thanks for that. I’ve tried that, isolating the locks one by one, but the auto-lock still causes them to lock then immediately open. It’s a pain that there’s not even a way to lock them from the inside!

Thanks for that. I’ve tried that, isolating the locks one by one, but the auto-lock still causes them to lock then immediately open. It’s a pain that there’s not even a way to lock them from the inside!
If assuming when you did what I suggested re testing each lock by pushing it closed manually with a screwdriver, you pushed it all the way to it's second catch position i.e. totally closed and you still had the issue , even maybe trying with all the doors open but manually closing every lock fully to see if the central locking works then. (obviously carefully release every lock fully before trying to close the doors) my guess would be a body computer module issue. It may just want re initialising (proxi alignment) so that the computer recognises the central locking setup. It may have been caused by something simple like a battery change.
Quite a few people on the Forum use Fiat Multiscan program which could be used to check to see if this is the problem, failing that a good garage computer such as a Snap On Zeus or similar might do it.
Re a cheap option, firstly does it have a security panel between the load area and the front seats, I wouldn't want you to get locked in? ;)
If you take the panels off the doors can you manually lock the side sliding doors by pushing the central locking solenoid and then disconnecting the plug to the solenoid? If that works and you still can't do it on the back door then maybe fit one of those large external security locks to the back door.
Do be careful not to trap yourself inside, I would hate to read about someone starved to death trapped in the back of a van;) .
I think if it was me I would do it without a security panel in place between front and rear of the vehicle and also leave the windows down whilst doing it.

If assuming when you did what I suggested re testing each lock by pushing it closed manually with a screwdriver, you pushed it all the way to it's second catch position i.e. totally closed and you still had the issue , even maybe trying with all the doors open but manually closing every lock fully to see if the central locking works then. (obviously carefully release every lock fully before trying to close the doors) my guess would be a body computer module issue. It may just want re initialising (proxi alignment) so that the computer recognises the central locking setup. It may have been caused by something simple like a battery change.
Quite a few people on the Forum use Fiat Multiscan program which could be used to check to see if this is the problem, failing that a good garage computer such as a Snap On Zeus or similar might do it.
Re a cheap option, firstly does it have a security panel between the load area and the front seats, I wouldn't want you to get locked in? ;)
If you take the panels off the doors can you manually lock the side sliding doors by pushing the central locking solenoid and then disconnecting the plug to the solenoid? If that works and you still can't do it on the back door then maybe fit one of those large external security locks to the back door.
Do be careful not to trap yourself inside, I would hate to read about someone starved to death trapped in the back of a van;) .
I think if it was me I would do it without a security panel in place between front and rear of the vehicle and also leave the windows down whilst doing it.
Brilliant, thank you. Busy weekend ahead working through that :)

mine does this, the issue is the central locking mechanism inside the door.. it needs replacing, or just unplugging.
i have had mine apart a few times trying to fix it but sadly i have had no success. the door lock acts as if the door is still open while trying to lock it. the pin jumps down but back up instantly if you watch it. sadly the door lock mechanism is very complex on these vans. i looked into installing an after market solenoid to bypass the built in one but sadly with how the lock is made it would be very hard to install it.

quite annoying, the only option is to replace it at great cost, or just unplug it and turn it into a manual locking door :(

it wont be the rear doors as they have no "sense" if the door is open or closed for the locking system.

mine does this, the issue is the central locking mechanism inside the door.. it needs replacing, or just unplugging.
i have had mine apart a few times trying to fix it but sadly i have had no success. the door lock acts as if the door is still open while trying to lock it. the pin jumps down but back up instantly if you watch it. sadly the door lock mechanism is very complex on these vans. i looked into installing an after market solenoid to bypass the built in one but sadly with how the lock is made it would be very hard to install it.

quite annoying, the only option is to replace it at great cost, or just unplug it and turn it into a manual locking door :(

it wont be the rear doors as they have no "sense" if the door is open or closed for the locking system.
I bought a Citroen C3 that would lock it's self with the keys in the ignition, luckily whilst working on the car I had the window down (no good on newer cars that auto shut windows when locking) .
So I did two things , got a spare key made and traced fault to drivers door lock and fitted a second hand lock, much cheaper than new!
Some years ago I had a customer with a Renault Laguna that used a credit card type that went in a slot in the car . With the key in your hand not activating anything it would lock, then deadlock. When it locked it's self and spent three days in a tyre depot, he spent hundreds with the Renault dealers , still the same, then he sold it swearing to never buy another Renault!:(

Last edited:
Back