General Scudo 2007 locking issues

Currently reading:
General Scudo 2007 locking issues

Mirrorman2009

I've had a recent issue regarding my front drivers door not locking, if I press the cental locking button on the fob the van makes all the right noises and all the doors lock. Except when I try the drivers door twice it opens. I've been locking the van using the notches inside the doors until I had the time to replace the lock. So the other day I was about to take the door card off and begin the job and noticed the central locking was working again. It turns out that if I park it with the drivers door facing the sun and it gets hot the whole thing works but park it in the shade the problem comes back.
Before I go out and buy a new lock has anyone else experienced this, its made me think it might be an electrical problem and not the lock.
Any help would be much appreciated

I've had a recent issue regarding my front drivers door not locking, if I press the cental locking button on the fob the van makes all the right noises and all the doors lock. Except when I try the drivers door twice it opens. I've been locking the van using the notches inside the doors until I had the time to replace the lock. So the other day I was about to take the door card off and begin the job and noticed the central locking was working again. It turns out that if I park it with the drivers door facing the sun and it gets hot the whole thing works but park it in the shade the problem comes back.
Before I go out and buy a new lock has anyone else experienced this, its made me think it might be an electrical problem and not the lock.
Any help would be much appreciated
If it was me I would remove the door panel, give all the locking mechanism a very good oiling with proper oil not WD40 as too thin and will soon wash away, then with door open push the catch to the lock position using a screwdriver and repeatedly lock and unlock using the remote whilst checking the operation. Don't forget all the other doors need to be closed.
Finally release the lock catch using the handle before trying to close the door to prevent damage.
Assuming there is no electrical or other obvious issues and the fault remains , only then would I fit a new lock.
In the old days the solenoid that activates the lock was separate, but I assume yours is built into the door lock.
By the way I assume the door shuts correctly and is not out of alignment causing it to not shut fully.

If it was me I would remove the door panel, give all the locking mechanism a very good oiling with proper oil not WD40 as too thin and will soon wash away, then with door open push the catch to the lock position using a screwdriver and repeatedly lock and unlock using the remote whilst checking the operation. Don't forget all the other doors need to be closed.
Finally release the lock catch using the handle before trying to close the door to prevent damage.
Assuming there is no electrical or other obvious issues and the fault remains , only then would I fit a new lock.
In the old days the solenoid that activates the lock was separate, but I assume yours is built into the door lock.
By the way I assume the door shuts correctly and is not out of alignment causing it to not shut fully.
Thanks for the reply, the door alignment is fine and yes as i understand it the solenoid is integrated into the lock itself.
I'll give what you say a try, only one way to find out

Thanks for the reply, the door alignment is fine and yes as i understand it the solenoid is integrated into the lock itself.
I'll give what you say a try, only one way to find out
A few years ago I had the reverse problem on a C3 Picasso, after a few minutes the car would lock it's self, even though you had opened the door and got in or just closed the door after getting out, so not the usual security re locking thing.
It turned out to be a known issue and the only cure was to fit the drivers door lock assembly, I did look at it but no way of gaining access to repair, so had to be replaced.:(

Back