Technical Dual Mass Flywheel and locking tool

Currently reading:
Technical Dual Mass Flywheel and locking tool

RMR

Hi
I’m looking to do some repairs on 2014 Scudo 2.0 multi jet and have some questions.

Is there a cost effective flywheel locking tool that fits to do the cam belt/water pump?

Also need to replace the DMF, clutch and oil seal. I’m struggling to find a DMF that fits when looking at various online parts retailers. It appears that any listings show does not fit my van (130hp). Surely the DMF for the Peugeot expert, Citroen dispatch 2.0d of the same model years all fit the Fiat scudo.

My Autodata Cambelt book only goes up to 2012 but for the Scudo and Peugeot with the same 2litre engines it shows a bent rod that engages through a hole in the block to the back of the flywheel behind the starter. It is the same as used on the older XUD Peugeot diesels as I made one up for them years ago.
If interested I could photo the pages from the manual tomorrow as they show the tool also. The correct tool is shaped like a Z to fit behind the starter but if starter removed a drill bit could probably do the same job. RHK (DW10UTED4) and RHR (DW10BTED4) are the engine series in my manual up to 2012.

Hi
I’m looking to do some repairs on 2014 Scudo 2.0 multi jet and have some questions.

Is there a cost effective flywheel locking tool that fits to do the cam belt/water pump?

Also need to replace the DMF, clutch and oil seal. I’m struggling to find a DMF that fits when looking at various online parts retailers. It appears that any listings show does not fit my van (130hp). Surely the DMF for the Peugeot expert, Citroen dispatch 2.0d of the same model years all fit the Fiat
My Autodata Cambelt book only goes up to 2012 but for the Scudo and Peugeot with the same 2litre engines it shows a bent rod that engages through a hole in the block to the back of the flywheel behind the starter. It is the same as used on the older XUD Peugeot diesels as I made one up for them years ago.
If interested I could photo the pages from the manual tomorrow as they show the tool also. The correct tool is shaped like a Z to fit behind the starter but if starter removed a drill bit could probably do the same job. RHK (DW10UTED4) and RHR (DW10BTED4) are the engine series in my manual up to 2012.
Hi
Thanks for the reply.
Is this a safe method of locking the flywheel to undo and also tighten the pulley bolt? I thought a specific tool was needed that bolts via the starter mount ?

Also having a mare locating a suitable flywheel, it appear to be only a dealer part, the part number I have shows a couple of options via eBay in Europe. The part number via any reputable uk parts supplier draws a blank, not available, and I’ve rang round all the major parts suppliers and local motor factors.

Hi
Thanks for the reply.
Is this a safe method of locking the flywheel to undo and also tighten the pulley bolt? I thought a specific tool was needed that bolts via the starter mount ?

Also having a mare locating a suitable flywheel, it appear to be only a dealer part, the part number I have shows a couple of options via eBay in Europe. The part number via any reputable uk parts supplier draws a blank, not available, and I’ve rang round all the major parts suppliers and local motor factors.
Without looking it up I can't remember how tight the bolt is, regarding using as a locking and timing tool.
However if you intend to remove the starter to access the timing pin hole, something I have done many times in the past is place a 10mm spanner in the flywheel ring gear teeth through the starter hole and turn engine slightly until it locks in place to slacken the pulley bolt using a socket and bar, then removing the spanner and fitting the timing pin into the flywheel to do the actual timing. The same process works when refitting and torquing the pulley bolt.
Just looked at book and assuming it is the same engine Series as I mentioned before , the book describes it as a locking pin and pulley bolt torque being 70nm + so many degrees.
Let me know if you want a photo of the pages.
We do need the Series number as above.
This may also help in finding a flywheel from another make of vehicle that uses the same engine.

Last edited:
Back