Technical CD changer conn nav+ reset after ignition off

Currently reading:
Technical CD changer conn nav+ reset after ignition off

gavindibble said:
I have just discovered (by accident) that if the Connect Nav+ language is set to Italian, the problem with the CD resetting goes away. However, after a lengthy discussion with the Service manager at Thames Fiat in Slough, he confirmed that with the voice set to english, there is no fix for this problem at present. Thanks for the help Fiat - NOT!

Is this a wind up :eek: or have you successfully tried it?

Dunno, I've tried it in full Italian, with both the CD player and CD changer, by not pressing pause and pausing it; nothing works on mine!

gavindibble, what software version are you running? What is the method to allow it to remember?

Little bit of useless information for you, the CN+ does actually remember where the CD is when you reboot it. It is the process of pressing the Play button that forces the unit to reset to track 1 00:00 (my old unit sometimes would not reset in time and would show the correct location of disc play for a second whilst it was resetting).

This is why when, you turn the unit on, it says:
"CDC PLAY
Press ¦>", and when you do, the CD seek noise is loud - it's going back to the beginning.

So unless somebody knows how to edit the software, it ain't ever going to happen. Case - CLOSED.

Hi,

I'm che from belgium, we have the same CD changer problem here !!!

Have a STILO 1.6 16v ( 2002 ), bought it in 2004 ( all options incl.),
placed a cd changer in it & since then the nightmare started !!!(n)
have you people solved the problem by now ?

thnx

p.s. I'm still trying to find the sollution & if I succeed, you'll be the first to know (y) !!!

if you just press the pause/play button on the connect nav+the music stops and the cd resets to the beginning but if you press the pause/play button and hold for 3 seconds it actually pauses,then press the same button to resume playing from where you paused it..this is how it works on my stilo abarth

this is also doing my headin i we need to do it let all send the email's or somthink so they will release an update for us ..

Fiat are not going to write new software for a car that's no longer in production, no matter how many e-mails you write. They were never that interested in the Stilo when it was in production.

Better to forget about the tempremental IDC-AO9 CD changer a fit a LoudLink mp3 SD card reader instead. It remembers track position (most of the time) and takes up less space so you get your refrigerated/heated glovebox back.

thats to much money for me at the moment .. ent no one selling one ?

i have a question on this system . Does any one else have there cd player skip on a regular basis when playing music cd's ,i find this real enoying ..

Back