General CD Caused no interior electricity - Help

Currently reading:
General CD Caused no interior electricity - Help

tam2oo5

Ok heres whats happened. Baiscally i was trying to install a 4 way antenna for tv in my car. It needed power from the for the booster, so i connected it to a screw on like a small pcb with a capacitator.

straight away it blew everything in the car, the cd went off and there is no lights. The lights on the dash work fine, and the cars headlights ect work ok.

Any idea?

Cheers

Cheers mate, How easy is it to get to ?

Ideas on how much id pay for a visit to a garage?.

well you'l probably get ripped off by a garage, and a fuse change should be dead easy.

Where exactly did you try and mount this on the wiring? and its dead easy to get to, I can nip out to the car shortly and get some pictures (mines a mk1...) if you can explain which line you tried to attach it to i might even be able to highlight which fuse it is :D

I will take pics tomorrow, where the small box is that includes the pcb. Im not sure if this was added when the cd player got fitted.

But there is a fuse within this little casing that i taken out and looked at, but it looks fine. First thought was, It was that because it was right next to there i tried to connect it.

But now im thinking it must be elsewhere, my other half is freaking out. But i thought myself it should not be too big a problem because i am getting lights on dash ect... all i did was touch it with a bit of metal really.

I will take pics tomorrow, just got the net back on we had a power cut and the whole street was out. So when its a bit lighter i will take pics.

Cheers for the help lads.

Last edited:
Some lad mate, cheers. Ill get posting pics anyway...

I done the exact same thing, actually iv done it three times now lol. U have blown a fuse, its a small red 1 i just fidgeted about with them to see what one it was that blown then took it to my local bike shop and asked for another. It only costs 60p then just pop it back in and ur good to go

Back