Technical Castor Angle

Currently reading:
Technical Castor Angle

kat

Hi
Just had the wheel alignment done on my 2002 5 door Abarth and while the toe and camber could be altered, the tyre people said that they could not change the castor angle - there were no adjustments available. (they are set to 1.92 on the left and 1.82 on the right)

Is this right?

Cheers

Kerry

Koa

Free dentistry available
If I remember correctly my local Fiat dealers also said this to me so I would think it is correct. There's a thread here with a lot of info on wheel alignment problems that have been sorted on the Stilo ;)

OP
OP
K

kat

Thanks for that. Interesting, it has changed over the last year. At 37,822Km is was set at R - 2.45 and L - 2.63.

It is now R - 1.91 and L - 1.82. which is out of the range recommended by the machine range of 3.36 to 2.36 - and they say they cannot correct it.

Was suggested that I had kerbed it - but I know that I have not, and I had had, I would expect the values to be more different between each side. The car has not been off road.

The steering rake was replaced under warranty 6 months ago and wonder if the process of doing this has moved the castor angle?

Any ideas?

Cheer

Kerry