Technical Stilo Steering angle sensor

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo Steering angle sensor

Check for over 14v plus at pin 1 with engine running ie alternator charging
If you have then the column electronics are officially dead

I think it will have over 14v when car is running. At least FES shows battery voltage over 14v in power steering ecu when car is running.

And beacuse i'm loged into power steering ecu, i think it will take that battery voltage from somewhere steering colum electronic and it will come to there from Pin 1.

now i need to find good replacemen part. I have found some steering colums with same part number in my contry ( Finland) and price are starting from 300€ up. it's expensive, but lot cheaper what would be new one from Fiat...they told me that price for new steering column is 1270€

Do anyone know some cheaper place? i asked couple seller from uk Ebay but they don't delivere to Finland or they don't answer to my e-mail. And part number is differend than mine, but i haven't ask from dealer that is it a problem to have differend part #.
Once they told me that every stilos have same kind of steering column,so replacement part can be from any stilos, but i'm not sure any more because i found out differend part numbers.

The unit is so heavy that you would be wise to find one close to your home.

Compatible Fiat part nos are anyone's guess as Fiat seem to change part nos for the slightest alteration or even different suppliers. People on here have changed their racks with no correlation to part nos and without problems but maybe they were just lucky

The steering racks are different from the heavier Stilos to the lighter ones and the connecting shaft from the steering column to the rack is different for 3 and 5 doors but it has to be your decision whether you think ANY Stilo power steering unit will work in any other Stilo

Back