Styling Carbon roof wrap

Currently reading:
Styling Carbon roof wrap

Not too bad ahaha mine needed alot more than Abit of heat, it was creased and ripped it was awful! Cost a fair bit to get it done properly but looks mint. The 3m stuff is awesome!
Tbh I have joms and they have mint reviews and I can't fault them. Had them over a year now and being perfect (touchwood), the ride is decent aswell. Obviously more expensive ones are better, my mate has ap coils and he said he can't tell much difference between joms and them. Depends what u are after whether or not to go for springs or coils. If u wanna slam it and drop it lots then springs won't do the job as they won't go that low and going too low on standard dampers won't work properly. In my opinion a proper coilover setup would be more effective but up to you it depends what drop you are after?

Well if it looks good then cost isn't massively vital. 3M does seem to be the big thing, but budget mods for me. :spin:
Yeah I did think they looked good, but £172 almost seemed too cheap. But I've only read one negative review, and that was someone who I don't think had fitted them properly and something sheared off.

I wanna go low, maybe like 40mm, but I'd like comfortable ride. Basically as low as I can get and still get in my stupid driveway. (good luck getting anything lowered up that!)

Well if it looks good then cost isn't massively vital. 3M does seem to be the big thing, but budget mods for me. :spin:

Yeah I did think they looked good, but £172 almost seemed too cheap. But I've only read one negative review, and that was someone who I don't think had fitted them properly and something sheared off.

I wanna go low, maybe like 40mm, but I'd like comfortable ride. Basically as low as I can get and still get in my stupid driveway. (good luck getting anything lowered up that!)

Yeah cost wasn't the biggest issue for me because I knew it would cost money to get it done right. The 3m stuff is brilliant! Only think is though, don't put any polish anywhere near it! I've got some on mine and don't know how to get it off:/
I know the joms seemed too good to be true! All that for £172! There's always some idiot who complains are doesn't do something Right but there is so many good reviews about them. Ahhh right well if you want comfort you could go either but I just like being able to adjust them even though I have adjusters out at back and front all way Down! It might be useful to be able to adjust suspension but idk springs are good aswell.

Yeah cost wasn't the biggest issue for me because I knew it would cost money to get it done right. The 3m stuff is brilliant! Only think is though, don't put any polish anywhere near it! I've got some on mine and don't know how to get it off:/
I know the joms seemed too good to be true! All that for £172! There's always some idiot who complains are doesn't do something Right but there is so many good reviews about them. Ahhh right well if you want comfort you could go either but I just like being able to adjust them even though I have adjusters out at back and front all way Down! It might be useful to be able to adjust suspension but idk springs are good aswell.

Aha, I'm too scared to polish near it. I'm definitely leaving it a while to set before I do anything too clean near it.
Yeah, I'm leaning towards the JOMs. Also if I do ever show the car, I can get drop it before the show to get extra fake lows. :rolleyes:

Your driveway can't be that bad;)

Aha it really is. It's onto a main road, so you can't mess around pulling out, and it's a steep gradient with a dip between the road and drive. The Zafira grinds down, and my friends mums Merc used to dig the exhaust in sometimes. :p

Aha, I'm too scared to polish near it. I'm definitely leaving it a while to set before I do anything too clean near it.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards the JOMs. Also if I do ever show the car, I can get drop it before the show to get extra fake lows. :rolleyes:

Aha it really is. It's onto a main road, so you can't mess around pulling out, and it's a steep gradient with a dip between the road and drive. The Zafira grinds down, and my friends mums Merc used to dig the exhaust in sometimes. :p

No the easiest think is to put masking tape on it or cover it with newspaper, just shield it from polish, that's what I'll be dojng next time! Exactly you can go super low for shows lol;)

Haha really!? Thank god mines not that bad, bloody hell you'd have no chance of getting my car up or down it. Is yours not lowered at all at moment? So it should clear the drive quite Abit at moment

No the easiest think is to put masking tape on it or cover it with newspaper, just shield it from polish, that's what I'll be dojng next time! Exactly you can go super low for shows lol;)

Haha really!? Thank god mines not that bad, bloody hell you'd have no chance of getting my car up or down it. Is yours not lowered at all at moment? So it should clear the drive quite Abit at moment

Thanks for letting me know, was gonna polish my car and would've probably not bat an eyelash at getting it on the vinyl.

Ahah well the good thing is I can kind of hit it horizontally so that should take most of the steep out of it. So I reckon we could probably get yours up with a bit of work. :p Nah, mine's stock at the moment. Gonna do the wheels and lows at the same time. :D Gonna wait 'til the road is quiet, come down and measure and see how much room i've really got though.

Thanks for letting me know, was gonna polish my car and would've probably not bat an eyelash at getting it on the vinyl.

Ahah well the good thing is I can kind of hit it horizontally so that should take most of the steep out of it. So I reckon we could probably get yours up with a bit of work. :p Nah, mine's stock at the moment. Gonna do the wheels and lows at the same time. :D Gonna wait 'til the road is quiet, come down and measure and see how much room i've really got though.

Yes, DONT get it anywhere near vinyl it's awful to get off its ridiculous. Yeah that sounds best way to get up it, hahah maybe but I can even get over speed bumps properly lol. It'll look so good with some wheels and lows. Just put car on coils and keep winding them down until you can just get up the drive ahaha.

Yes, DONT get it anywhere near vinyl it's awful to get off its ridiculous. Yeah that sounds best way to get up it, hahah maybe but I can even get over speed bumps properly lol. It'll look so good with some wheels and lows. Just put car on coils and keep winding them down until you can just get up the drive ahaha.

Aha did you have any luck in the end?!

Speedbumps are a whole other issue. :rolleyes: That's what I'm gonna do. Just gotta find someone mad enough to do it with me for a day. :p

Aha did you have any luck in the end?!

Speedbumps are a whole other issue. :rolleyes: That's what I'm gonna do. Just gotta find someone mad enough to do it with me for a day. :p

Not yet! Got some meguiars vinyl cleaning products and protection coming soon so will try them. Probs try soapy water and toothbrush again. What find someone mad enough to help you lower it?

Not yet! Got some meguiars vinyl cleaning products and protection coming soon so will try them. Probs try soapy water and toothbrush again. What find someone mad enough to help you lower it?

Oh that Meguiars stuff is meant to be good. Will pick some up when I finally sort my finances/life out I think.

Yeah. I need someone who's got nothing better to do than wind it up and then walk down and check my clearance many times. And who'll change the wheels and tyres and coilovers because I'm mad lazy.
Might get my dad to do it. He's a proper mechanic/engineer type dealy. He doesn't really understand my desire to be a scene queen though. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Oh that Meguiars stuff is meant to be good. Will pick some up when I finally sort my finances/life out I think.

Yeah. I need someone who's got nothing better to do than wind it up and then walk down and check my clearance many times. And who'll change the wheels and tyres and coilovers because I'm mad lazy.
Might get my dad to do it. He's a proper mechanic/engineer type dealy. He doesn't really understand my desire to be a scene queen though. :rolleyes:

I haven't got it yet but meguiars do good products and are widely used. Haha fair enough, I'm always skint!
Ahh right I see haha, I'm sure someone will want to do that;) hahah Defo get your dad to do it! My dad doesn't understand my desire to modify my car but that's what dads are like ahaha!

I haven't got it yet but meguiars do good products and are widely used. Haha fair enough, I'm always skint!
Ahh right I see haha, I'm sure someone will want to do that;) hahah Defo get your dad to do it! My dad doesn't understand my desire to modify my car but that's what dads are like ahaha!

Mine normally does if it makes it faster. But mines a 1.2, so meh. He's cool with me putting a mad bosozoku style exhaust on and actually making one. Which I'm excited for. :D

Last edited:
Mine normally does if it makes it faster. But mines a 1.2, so meh. He's cool with me putting a mad bosozoku style exhaust on and actually making one. Which I'm excited for. :D

Ahahah yeah mines a 1.4 so I have a similar problem. But ahh that's cool, when's that happening?

Ahahah yeah mines a 1.4 so I have a similar problem. But ahh that's cool, when's that happening?

Well it'll probably look a bit mad if it happens before the wheels and lows - so probably everything all in one day. :p
Gotta actually make the thing first, but that shouldn't be too bad either. Life would be so much easier and cheaper if I didn't do anything to my car..

Well it'll probably look a bit mad if it happens before the wheels and lows - so probably everything all in one day. :p

Gotta actually make the thing first, but that shouldn't be too bad either. Life would be so much easier and cheaper if I didn't do anything to my car..

Hahah yeah suppose, I'd get wheels on first personally then other things together. Haha yeah it would be easier but they are better when modified:)

Hahah yeah suppose, I'd get wheels on first personally then other things together. Haha yeah it would be easier but they are better when modified:)

Well by the time I get the wheels and coilovers ordered they may as well go together. Plus I always think cars look a bit daft with deep dish but no lows - I'd rather have lows first personally. :p

Always true!

Well by the time I get the wheels and coilovers ordered they may as well go together. Plus I always think cars look a bit daft with deep dish but no lows - I'd rather have lows first personally. :p

Always true!

Yeah suppose, put them on together. Yeah cars with nice wheels but no lows look daft. What wheels you getting again?

Lenso BSX's in gold. They're like BBS' but I can justify the money on these, and not bbs. Plus the 4x98 PCD does make things difficult! :(

They'll look really nice:) yeah I'm not a massive fan of bbs tbf. Ahhh yeah that does make it more difficult. Lensos would look good with air ride ahahah

Back