Styling Carbon roof wrap

Currently reading:
Styling Carbon roof wrap

Gonna commandeer this thread again. :eek:

Wrapped my roof yesterday and I must admit, I'm pretty pleased with it!

IMG_20150407_180612.jpg

IMG_20150407_191406.jpg

Done it on the ground mate , sounds awesome, just looking for the double de cat then look into an intercooler

Wow that looks really good!! What vinyl did you use and how did you do it. Guessing you had 2 people and starting from middle? That looks amazing!

Thanks mate! There are a few bubbles - gonna leave them a few days and see if they go, otherwise pop and heat them.

I actually started right from the back by the aerial, as I had to try and wrap around it. Hashed it up so i've done some sneaky patching, and it doesn't show too badly! Did have to get someone help lay it all down at once though! :rolleyes:

Should look nice with some shiny gold wheels. :yum:

Yeah, I think technically you are, and in hindsight (and without the aerial issue) i probably would. If you start at one end, it means all the tension in the material all falls to one end, which obviously makes it really difficult to wrap the final corner. Took longer on that final ft of car roof than laying down most of the rest.

Film was from http://www.carstyleplus.co.uk/. It's really quite cheap, and the service is spot on - so definitely would use again!

Yeah, looking at some gold Lenso BSX's and some lowering springs/coilovers at the end of this year. Just so expensive!!

Yeah, I think technically you are, and in hindsight (and without the aerial issue) i probably would. If you start at one end, it means all the tension in the material all falls to one end, which obviously makes it really difficult to wrap the final corner. Took longer on that final ft of car roof than laying down most of the rest.

Film was from http://www.carstyleplus.co.uk/. It's really quite cheap, and the service is spot on - so definitely would use again!

Yeah, looking at some gold Lenso BSX's and some lowering springs/coilovers at the end of this year. Just so expensive!!

Yeah I know I tried to do mine at one end and it didn't go well. Yeah I only got half of mine done when I gave up ahahah. Sounds like you've made a decent job of it though. Looks alright the film tbf. Love the colour you have, it's really nice! Oooh they would look nice. Yeah golf wheels would be cool and get it on coils;)

Yeah I know I tried to do mine at one end and it didn't go well. Yeah I only got half of mine done when I gave up ahahah. Sounds like you've made a decent job of it though. Looks alright the film tbf. Love the colour you have, it's really nice! Oooh they would look nice. Yeah golf wheels would be cool and get it on coils;)

Aha, think I was lucky. Mine's a bit loose at the front I noticed this morning, so I'll need to reheat and just push it down further.

Thanks! :D

Yeah, weighing up JOM's (bit cheap??) and some NoviTec springs. Springs are obviously cheaper, but just debating which I want, really! Excited for summer when it'll hopefully be done. :cool:

Aha, think I was lucky. Mine's a bit loose at the front I noticed this morning, so I'll need to reheat and just push it down further.

Thanks! :D

Yeah, weighing up JOM's (bit cheap??) and some NoviTec springs. Springs are obviously cheaper, but just debating which I want, really! Excited for summer when it'll hopefully be done. :cool:

Not too bad ahaha mine needed alot more than Abit of heat, it was creased and ripped it was awful! Cost a fair bit to get it done properly but looks mint. The 3m stuff is awesome!
Tbh I have joms and they have mint reviews and I can't fault them. Had them over a year now and being perfect (touchwood), the ride is decent aswell. Obviously more expensive ones are better, my mate has ap coils and he said he can't tell much difference between joms and them. Depends what u are after whether or not to go for springs or coils. If u wanna slam it and drop it lots then springs won't do the job as they won't go that low and going too low on standard dampers won't work properly. In my opinion a proper coilover setup would be more effective but up to you it depends what drop you are after?

Back