Carbon fibre Wraps

Currently reading:
Carbon fibre Wraps

Devious

Multipla Mac Daddy Jon
Has anyone had any experiences with C/F wraps. The bonet and roof and boot lid of the multi have seen better days and I've seen these, self apply wraps and figured They'd be cheaper and easier than a respray.
Led-r-us have them on eBay and they claim that they're bubble free, waterproof, etc, etc.
Has anyone had any experience with them? The beast is metallic black and I figured it'd look ok.
Ta

Has anyone had any experiences with C/F wraps. The bonet and roof and boot lid of the multi have seen better days and I've seen these, self apply wraps and figured They'd be cheaper and easier than a respray.
Led-r-us have them on eBay and they claim that they're bubble free, waterproof, etc, etc.
Has anyone had any experience with them? The beast is metallic black and I figured it'd look ok.
Ta

yes i wrapped my KA head to toe using the cheapest black CF wrap on ebay.

i bought a ten meter roll. x 1.52

i never wrapped before
but found it really easy !

use a hair dryer to work it into shape, dont over heat one area for too long, but u can repeaditivly work the same area over n over again.

Attachments

• ka1.jpg
    ka1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 33
  • 578105_344222165643368_1456506702_n.jpg
    578105_344222165643368_1456506702_n.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 25
Ah, Kushti, I may just do the bonnet now, as I've sprayed my roof patch. Xxx

TIPS:

start from the narrowest end of the bonnet and work your way in the direction of the widest end.

so on the above pic... u want to start on the bottom of my KA bonnet and go upwards

because if u started the other way at the wide end.. your stretching the vhinl as your laying it and u will get to the narrow end and relise u have excess vhinl creased up and its a bitch to work down(y)

make sure u clean the underside edges of the bonnet so when u wrap around and tuck it under it sticks.. i used superglue under the hood to make sure the corners STAY down underneath.

and for the washers.. pull them out before starting. lay the wrap. then when its down .. feel for the holes .. when u have found them use a sharp stanley to make a small X incision dead in the middle of the wrap thats over the hole.

heat it up slightly then force the washers down into the hole. let the washers push the wrap down dont try and wrap the hole cos it will tear , let the washers work it in and hold it down flush. then go under the bonnet and superglue the flaps of vhinl around the bottom of the washer to the underside of the bonnet to again.. HOLD it in place.. otherwise as the vhinl heats and cools over a few weeks in the sunlight.. it stretches then contracts and will eventually tear

i dont know if you want to preserve the paintwork..
but my MAIN tip is..
sand the LAqure coat and a bit of the colour coat off the bonnet.. so u have a smooth surface to work with..

due to the sticky nature of the wrap... if u have any chips/blemishes in the paint work. as ur pulling the wrap up over n over as your laying it to get the creases out, it can end up taking the layers of paint of. and it will make patches of the wrap non sticky.

i lighly sanded the bonnet down on the ka first. then cleaned it off twice so theres no dust or grease..

Last edited:
Back