Styling Car Tuning In Relation To Insurance Price

Currently reading:
Styling Car Tuning In Relation To Insurance Price

Hey guys. Recently bought an R reg punto as my first car and wanting to mod it slightly (interior, exterior) just to make it a bit eye friendly :p for within 3 months I'll be turning 17 thus being able to drive it on provisional with my sister or mum etc.
I got a quote for £1,100 at the cheapest on quindirect but I was wondering. If I was to install an induction kit, would I have to declare the car as modified and shooting my insurance price straight up?
Or if it is a small mod like induction kit is it ok not to?

I'm new to all of this stuff only being 16 and kinda turning my gaming into cars now.

Cheers. Dan

Could you elaborate a bit more please?
What prices would I be talking about here?

If you put on a induction kit. and do not declare it with your insurance company then your policy becomes VOID. so in the case of you being stopped by the coppers and them seeing you with a big exhaust but you insurance company know nothing about it. then you would be in big trouble

Any mods you do, from outside styling, to adding bigger brakes. to puting on a induction kit..

It all has to be delcared...

Also on price, we can not say the price. Some companies will not even accept modifications. others will not charge you. I know norwich union used to add roughly 5-10% to your premium per mod.. But i know quinn direct do not accept performance mods :).. Your betting of going with adrian flux.

Another point is tell them about all of the modifications, they may for example lis alloy wheels under £250 inclusive on the insurance policy but if you dont tell them they are there and the standard wheels are steel then they might try wriggling out of it saying you didnt tell them they were there and try to get everything confirmed in writing with 'free' mods (y)

alright mate i know this is a late reply but im with prudential car insurence in my dads name iv got limo black window tints (only on rear windows) cherry bomb exhorst focus induction kit and standerd alloys and when we told the insurence company we thorught it would increase in price alot but it didnt even go up a panny give them a call and see what they say they wer realy good with me n me dad.

Back