Technical car stuck in 1st gear; cannot move or tow

Currently reading:
Technical car stuck in 1st gear; cannot move or tow

Mangoa

Hello,

My Fiat Grande Punto 2009 developed a transmission problem yesterday. I get error code <P1773 - Hydraulic circuit pressure>. The car won't start anymore, I immediately get fault msg <check transmission> and the pump is not priming when I open the door. The car is stuck in 1st gear and I cannot get it to change to Neutral.

The car is in a bad spot on the road and I need to move it. Since it is in 1st gear, I cannot push it to the side and I understand the car cannot be towed with the gear engaged.

I there a way to get the gear in Neutral in this situation?

Thank you for any advice.

Hello,

My Fiat Grande Punto 2009 developed a transmission problem yesterday. I get error code <P1773 - Hydraulic circuit pressure>. The car won't start anymore, I immediately get fault msg <check transmission> and the pump is not priming when I open the door. The car is stuck in 1st gear and I cannot get it to change to Neutral.

The car is in a bad spot on the road and I need to move it. Since it is in 1st gear, I cannot push it to the side and I understand the car cannot be towed with the gear engaged.

I there a way to get the gear in Neutral in this situation?

Thank you for any advice.

Hi,:)
as a quick first thing;
remove the negative BLACK lead from the engine battery,
leave disconnected for 2 hours+ ,
then reconnect,
it MAY just reset something,

had any other weird things.. or service work done lately..??

while the battery is disconnected, check the under bonnet fuseboxes are watertight,

look here..;
https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto/318839-electrical-gremlin-thread.html

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for the suggestions. I checked the link.

Disconnected the battery. Will get back about that in 3 hours.

Otherwise the car was functioning well except for some CAN errors usually when there were some humidity issues; a wire is a bit exposed under the left mirror since a small body part is missing there (bought the car 2nd hand). At the moment it is very hot and sunny (I live in Barbados and it is currently early afternoon and about 34 degr.celsius) so there do not seem to be any humidity issues. I opened the fuse box and it looks clean and dry. No humidity around there either. The car is in the sun, I can hardly touch the bonnet.

I will contact the dealership tomorrow since it looks like there is a problem with the selespeed pump, but my first priority is to be able to move the car. So I need to get it in neutral.

Stefan

Well, battery has been disconnected for about 3.5 hours. Still the same problem. It is quite unbelievable that there is no way to get this car in neutral so it can be pushed to the side or towed. Will contact the dealership tomorrow and hope they have a solution.

No, it doesn't crank. I turn the key and no cranking, just beeping from the 'check transmission' error messages.

Will post an update. I keep my fingers crossed its is not the pump or actuator.

Back