Technical Car Stereos

Currently reading:
Technical Car Stereos

Its not meant to sit flush, if it did it'd be too far away, also its as flush as any other HU, as the screen has been grafter onto an double DIN adaptor...

I know how and i would't say it was easy, there are allot of pitfalls associated with putting a PC in a car, mainly the HUGE risk of interferance...but it is worth the effort and money spent, i havnt seen anything else that offers similar functionality with the same flexibility...

I don't know about yours but when I had a double DIN touchscreen unit in my car I Could pretty much never see the Screen (in day) because of the glare, which for me just rendered the whole thing pointless so I got rid.

I don't know about yours but when I had a double DIN touchscreen unit in my car I Could pretty much never see the Screen (in day) because of the glare, which for me just rendered the whole thing pointless so I got rid.

That was one of the biggest problems i had, the original screen i bought off stu suffered quite badley...But when it broke, i bought a lilliput 8" touchscreen with special anti-glare magic, mangled and maniplated it to be able to graft it to the double din adaptor....and now its fine, in all but direct bright sunlight its fine. in direct bright sunlight its a little obscured, but nothing terrible.

Hi right been reading this thread and i'm having the same problem i have just takern back a parrot device as it wouldnot connect soi brought today a sony bluetooth one Sony MEXBT3800U.

right halfords said it needed no leads so went home and plugged it in....same as the begining of this thread nothing swap the red/yellow connectors and power seems to be there but no display.

right when it come to the connetors on the back one for the power has 4 pins and the car connector has five but only two match the red (power) and black (earth) i expect.

these other 3 must mean something yes???
is one for the yellow ignition asi think this is what i need for power to go to the unit.

got a pic sorry its bad takern on the phone
GetAttachment.aspx
GetAttachment.aspx

the one on the right is it all connected witht the speaker cables.
the oneon the left is the troubble one i have tried to seperate for you to see.
red and black connect to the red and black.
but the rest dont connect to the rest. which one do i connect to the yellow.

also found this lead looks like it would do the job as it has 5 pins for the power instead of 4.
What do you think?
http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/auto...ilo-ulysee-wiring-harness-adaptor-p-9149.html

hope you can help

Last edited:
this is what i get from the head unit when i turn it on... any idea how to get rid of it?

garage_attachment.php

Last edited:
I had the same problem,I wired the red and yellow together and finally got power, my battery doesnt drain but when I switch the head unit on I get loose connection warnig on the dash and warning lights.Without the ignotion on the stereo works fine..........confused.com!!!!!

Back