Car safety.... in india

Currently reading:
Car safety.... in india

Jesus that nano just folded up! I'ld be safer in a cardboard box I reckon (n)

Reminds me of a certain Italian car...

Shame on VW selling a "no airbag" Polo though. Its bad enough to have poor crash results in something designed from the outset to be super cheap but to actually take a reasonably good car and then remove safety features is criminal.

Whilst these results are shocking, you do have to consider the alternative transport which people can afford in India.

indianbus4.jpg

I was shocked when I watched a programme showing some guys changing a lorry wheel in the middle of the road with everything whizzing past all around.
The lorry was propped up on bits of wood (jacked up using planks etc).
In another part, a similar thing but at night - with no lights showing :eek:

Shame on VW selling a "no airbag" Polo though. Its bad enough to have poor crash results in something designed from the outset to be super cheap but to actually take a reasonably good car and then remove safety features is criminal.

Disappointing but not surprising considering VW make you pay extra for curtain airbags for rear passengers in the UK on all cars, so they can advertise having side airbags but its only for front seat passengers.

Anything to make people extra over the standard car...just as well they have competition and safety regs over here otherwise glass would be a cost option.

Last edited:
Back