Car of the World Oh dear

Currently reading:
Car of the World Oh dear

Personally I'd love to use an electric vehicle purely on its running costs not environmental impact.

Same here, sod those greenpeace fools. They just chain themselves to a power plant instead of getting a job and wonder why the world laughs at them.

Bet it'll be fun to dispose of them using their ideal methods too. Or better yet since they like the renewable energy so much why not have them mine the dangerous components required for production, after all no-one will miss them if they perish.

I agree on the running costs and I would happily have an electric car. But dont try to con me that its green. Its coal fired but due to the silly tax system its cheap to run.

Avoid tax drive a lecky car. Bring it on.

Huge extra costs is a myth. The production and transport energy costs of petrol and diesel is about 10% of the energy value at the pump. Diesel costs a lot less to make than petrol.

Diesel cars put about 30% of the original crude energy onto the road.

Coal fired power plants put about 30% of the coal energy into the grid. Take of 20% of that for transmission losses and another 20% for charging and drive motor losses & that "clean" lecky car is not looking so good. 30% x 80% x 80% = 19.2% And that has not included the mining and coal transport energy costs.

Gas plant is better, but cars can run on gas so why bother with all the lecky bit.

... Unless its for tax legal evasion.

Last edited:
Back