General car not moving

Currently reading:
General car not moving

neave4246

hi

I have a little or big problem depends how you look at it, i am offshore right now and the misses has just told me the car wont move. she says she put it in 1st and the engine revved up but the car wont go any were. I think the breaks might have seized on how do you get them to come loose and i know should have left it in gear as it been 2 weeks and got another week till get back home to look at it. could someone help me and also the other thing is how much would i be looking to getting new break pads and discs if need it the car done 35000 miles your help would be great thanks

tell her to rock the car back n forth and they will free up, what area she in?

If it has been left as mine was recently the brakes have probably seized.

Sounds worst than it probably is though.

I would suggest a bit of clutch control to gently rock the car loose. Usually accompanied by some noise too.

Should be fine after that and will need some use to 'clean the discs'

Mine was serviced yesterday and the brakes were fine.

Not sure on costs to replace.

thanks for the response she in aberdeen so just rock car back and forth should work what would you need to do if it is the hand brake stuck i know car got stuck last time i was home it made a big dunt sound. dont mind me asking IainG GPS how much your service was

the gps handbrake works directly from the brake pads, the damp air would have caused this or washing the car and not using it after, they will free by rocking the car in 1st and reverse gear

I had a level 3 service and a cambelt change (at 5 yrs old - still looks fresh out the factory!) which cost me £320

JEEES I was quoted £228 from Fiat just for the cambelt change, and £279 from my trusty independant for cambelt, aux belt and water pump.
So I've bought ALL the parts my self for less than £230 for a full service and cambelt change

What independant do you use?

Back