Technical Car's front jumps when start moving from stationery. Gets better after few miles.

Currently reading:
Technical Car's front jumps when start moving from stationery. Gets better after few miles.

Mobi11

Hi everyone đź‘‹

I am having a problem with my missus's Grande Punto 2009 1.4 v8. When start moving from stationary, front of the car...jumps(hops).

It feels like it's more from driver side. Strange thing, it gets better after driving for few miles.

So she took the car to some local garage the other day. They told her it's engine mount from driver side. They changed it on the same day, charging too much for it in my opinion, but obviously problem still occurs.

Any idea where this problem is coming from?

Many thanks for any advise
Thanks

It could still be an engine mount , but more likely the one at the bottom that looks like a dog bone and is fixed from the subframe to the bottom of the gearbox and takes up the load as you pull away. The top engine mounts take the weight of the engine but the bottom gearbox mount stabilises it from jerking about. Possibly looks like this.
s-l1600.png

It could still be an engine mount , but more likely the one at the bottom that looks like a dog bone and is fixed from the subframe to the bottom of the gearbox and takes up the load as you pull away. The top engine mounts take the weight of the engine but the bottom gearbox mount stabilises it from jerking about. Possibly looks like this.

SOLVED

Yes you were right! It was engine mount on the gearbox.

Parts that were fitted:

Gearbox Stabiliser Bar - OEM: 55700441
Gearbox Stabiliser Mount Support - OEM:55700439

Drives like a dream now :p(y)

Back