General Car in limp mode EML light on!!

Currently reading:
General Car in limp mode EML light on!!

corky

Mk2 Punto Sporting 1.2
Hi guys,

Wow i have not been on here in years!! hope everyone is well, i am helping a friend out with his Mk2 Punto 1.2 8v 2001 he advised his car is being lumpy i have had a look plugged it in and its come up with Ignition Coil pack 1 therefore i replaced both (had spares) turned the car over EXACTLY the same, therefore i knew it was the ECU that needs replacing is it just as simple as buying a new/second hand one and replacing it and it works fine?

How does it go?

Hi.
ECU's are not plug & play..
Would have to buy ecu as kit ..with key & bcu etc..
Or buy a virgin ecu. There was virgin ECU's floating about eBay at one stage..or try fiat breakers ..Morton st failsworth Manchester..

Hi guys,

Wow i have not been on here in years!! hope everyone is well, i am helping a friend out with his Mk2 Punto 1.2 8v 2001 he advised his car is being lumpy i have had a look plugged it in and its come up with Ignition Coil pack 1 therefore i replaced both (had spares) turned the car over EXACTLY the same, therefore i knew it was the ECU that needs replacing is it just as simple as buying a new/second hand one and replacing it and it works fine?

How does it go?

Hi, and welcome back, :)

I'd unplug your current ECU, and get the terminals cleaned / adjusted,
then try again,
just as common a failing as the actual innards cooking..

Charlie

Hi.
ECU's are not plug & play..
Would have to buy ecu as kit ..with key & bcu etc..
Or buy a virgin ecu. There was virgin ECU's floating about eBay at one stage..or try fiat breakers ..Morton st failsworth Manchester..

to add to your good post on the year the poster is posting on i think the ecu was codenamed m1? or something ie it was pre cam sensor
i used to send them off to someone on ebay to get virginesed for about £40? i tried all sorts of ways to do these myself but gave up in the end

Back