Technical Cannot lock or unlock either doors on Doblo van

Currently reading:
Technical Cannot lock or unlock either doors on Doblo van

DWalters

I'm hoping someone can help as I cannot lock or unlock either doors on my Doblo van. I have taken the door card off and can see that the metal pole is just hanging loose and not attached to the mechanism. I have removed the mechanism and can't see anywhere obvious that it attaches to so not sure if the part is broken or just needs popping back in somewhere.

From the parts diagram, I can't see how part 12 fits into part 3. Can anyone that has experienced the same issue help?

20220324_143556.jpg20220324_145007.jpg20220324_145016.jpg20220324_145020.jpg20220324_145028.jpgimage007.png

I've had this, you need a new lock mechanism if it's the same problem, the rod from the interior handle is attached to the mechanism by a small red (iirc) plastic connector quite deep in the mechanism, it was broken on mine, and quite difficult to see what was going on until comparing with the new part.

Thanks for the info. Yes I managed to pick up a working mechanism and see where the rod attached to the red plastic part. Shame they are not built so the red plastic part can be replaced!

Thanks for the info. Yes I managed to pick up a working mechanism and see where the rod attached to the red plastic part. Shame they are not built so the red plastic part can be replaced!
Yeah, wish it wasn't made of plastic and there was a passenger side lock, I was locked out of mine and decided with only the back doors operative to go through the bulkhead, should have gone through the window, being a few hours from home I decided that was the best option, it wasn't.

Back