Technical can somebody identify the name of this Transmission part?

Currently reading:
Technical can somebody identify the name of this Transmission part?

jakebox

Hello!
I have a broken part on my 2006 turbo diesel 6 speed.
I can't find any part numbers and I've tried a bunch of Google searches with what I think the part would be called with no luck.
I guess it's like an automatic clutch master cylinder or something. But that brings up nothing.
Any help would be much appreciated.
I think the engine is a 1.3 multijet turbo diesel.
Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• tmp_3025-20170123_0922291964445323.jpg
    tmp_3025-20170123_0922291964445323.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 76
  • tmp_3025-20170123_092214-816846018.jpg
    tmp_3025-20170123_092214-816846018.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 45
  • tmp_3025-20170121_170318-506452778.jpg
    tmp_3025-20170121_170318-506452778.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 29
Hello and welcome Jake,

where is this part located and what is (was) it connected to ?
Next time please resize you picture(s), 4++ MB takes quite long to load...

Regards, Bernie.

Sorry Bernie, I didn't realize. It loads straight up on mine.
It was on top of the transmission. Connected to another oil resovoir and then with a high pressure line to the gearbox. I believe I have a selespeed gearbox or something like that? Sorry I don't know much about these cars it's all new to me.
Thanks

Can't be sure it's the correct one without your VIN, but this looks like your part from the Fiat parts catalogue. The first part number (717480147) is for cars built up to 24th November 2008.

The part number may help your search, or one of the replacement parts may be appropriate for you.

Attachments

• GP Cylinder.JPG
    GP Cylinder.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 57
Can't be sure it's the correct one without your VIN, but this looks like your part from the Fiat parts catalogue. The first part number (717480147) is for cars built up to 24th November 2008.

The part number may help your search, or one of the replacement parts may be appropriate for you.

Hi, thanks heaps for that. I found some pictures of the part googling but still can't find what it's actually called or a part number for the whole unit. It's driving me nuts I've spend hours already.
I'm sure it's going to be so easy when I eventually find out what it's called.

Hi, thanks heaps for that. I found some pictures of the part googling but still can't find what it's actually called or a part number for the whole unit. It's driving me nuts I've spend hours already.
I'm sure it's going to be so easy when I eventually find out what it's called.
I tried looking for the name to see if I could find out for you. Bizarrely it just seems to be called 'repair kit' in all the online catalogues here. Seems a strange name for a part.

I tried looking for the name to see if I could find out for you. Bizarrely it just seems to be called 'repair kit' in all the online catalogues here. Seems a strange name for a part.

Thanks for trying. I really appreciate it.
It's driving me insane!

This looks like the automated clutch slave cylinder.
I've looked on ePER, the Fiat parts lookup and found the pic below. (MyePER is about 2 years old)
There are two part numbers shown, with a change point code, around 10/2008, but the later number has also been replaced by another. However, this is only a guide at this time, as this is only one of several Grande listings. Would need your full VIN to pinpoint the exact part needed. Don't publish this on here, send it to me in a private message if you would like me to determine the correct part number.

They are around £750!

Before you rush to replace this, why not let others help determine whether this does need replacing. Tell us about the symptoms, or how you got to the stage with it off the car. I'm also concerned at what looks like a bent glowplug lying next to it, an unrelated part, but can only get bent by mishandling, not in use.

Don't be embarrassed, tell us the issues. Most on here wish to help.

Attachments

• GPSelespeed.jpg
    GPSelespeed.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 19
I've looked on ePER, the Fiat parts lookup and found the pic below. (MyePER is about 2 years old)
There are two part numbers shown, with a change point code, around 10/2008, but the later number has also been replaced by another. However, this is only a guide at this time, as this is only one of several Grande listings. Would need your full VIN to pinpoint the exact part needed. Don't publish this on here, send it to me in a private message if you would like me to determine the correct part number.

They are around £750!

Before you rush to replace this, why not let others help determine whether this does need replacing. Tell us about the symptoms, or how you got to the stage with it off the car. I'm also concerned at what looks like a bent glowplug lying next to it, an unrelated part, but can only get bent by mishandling, not in use.

Hi, thanks for your response.
I've just bought the car on the weekend for $600 aud with a check transmission error on the dash.
I found that that part was leaking as the cast has snapped off the end and you are now unable to fit the circlip that is supposed to be there (it's fallen on the road somewhere I guess)
That glow plug was connected to the left cylinder connecter however affixed to an engine mount with a hose clamp. It looks like there is a glow plug snapped off in the cylinder from the previous owner, however I'm leaving this for now until I can sort out this transmission issue.
I'm waiting for a call back from a parts dealer. I hope my price isn't that much!
Thanks for your help!

They are around £750!

Good news I think!
I decided to pull it apart and see what makes it tick to decide if I could possibly tack that part it to stop it leaking oil.
I can't see any reason why I can't tack it in! I'm going to try that first before buying a replacement.
Here's a few pictures you can see where the circlip is supposed to be.
Thanks for your help guys, I'm still waiting for a response from a parts dealer for a price.

Attachments

• tmp_24052-20170124_092646-1341246826.jpg
    tmp_24052-20170124_092646-1341246826.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 31
  • tmp_24052-20170124_0926511945179411.jpg
    tmp_24052-20170124_0926511945179411.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 22
  • tmp_24052-20170124_0928371809672298.jpg
    tmp_24052-20170124_0928371809672298.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 22
  • tmp_24052-20170124_0929231077812684.jpg
    tmp_24052-20170124_0929231077812684.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 20
I can't see any reason why I can't tack it in! I'm going to try that first before buying a replacement.

Not sure what you mean by "tack it in", but if it were mine, I would certainly consider some sort of repair. Possibly a heavy metal strap fixed across the two opposing bolt holes?

Attachments

• Cylinder Circlip.jpg
    Cylinder Circlip.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
The gearbox is an M20 and the Dualogic unit is the CFC300.
Fiat calls the part a Clutch actuator - The Master-Slave system.

That part works with high pressure 45 bars.

I can see from your photo that the Clutch position potentiometer (sensor) is missing. When you install it don't forget to preload the clutch position sensor or you might damage it.

- Turn the engagement pin clockwise to its stroke end.
- Position the sensor so as to engage the pin set previously in line with the mark on thesensor.
- Turn clockwise (preload) until the locking holes are aligned and then
press the sensor back in place.

Also you will need to do a clutch self-adjustment and bleed the clutch using Multiecuscan software.

If you need I have the training manual for this gearbox.

This looks like a very light casting, if you mean by "tack" welding, DON'T! You will burn the seal. As suggested some sort of clamp is best. I would question how it broke to start with. Did internal pressure just push the whole blanking plate out?.

Back