Technical Can only select 2nd or reverse from stationery…

Currently reading:
Technical Can only select 2nd or reverse from stationery…

JuliaH

Hi, my first post - so could be a stupid question… but… I can only select 2nd or reverse from stationery, or 2nd and 4th when driving. Where do I start to look for the solution please? Currently sat in the driver seat looking at this…
image.jpg

Hi, my first post - so could be a stupid question… but… I can only select 2nd or reverse from stationery, or 2nd and 4th when driving. Where do I start to look for the solution please? Currently sat in the driver seat looking at this… View attachment 433591

Hi 🙂

Potentially a failure of a cable.. There are 2 🤔. Have a look here:

And here.. More oily

Hope that makes some sense Julia

My Guide was a 2004 panda.. But they are all built in the same Polish factory..
So should be 90% the same as yours

Looking under the bonnet you want to look at the back of the battery and DOWN, cables are joined to gearbox there

My friend found 1 cable had just slipped off

Do let us know what you find 🙂

Hi everyone, could just have been lucky with this, but when I replaced the clutch, it looks like the two bolts that hold the gear cables had become loose, which has resulted in the slackness in the gear stick. I replaced ends of the cables which tightened up the change. So for £16 the issue has been resolved…. For now!

Hi everyone, could just have been lucky with this, but when I replaced the clutch, it looks like the two bolts that hold the gear cables had become loose, which has resulted in the slackness in the gear stick. I replaced ends of the cables which tightened up the change. So for £16 the issue has been resolved…. For now!
All at the gearbox end.. Or did you do the dashboard too?

Back