Off Topic Can anyone help me with some tips please?

Currently reading:
Off Topic Can anyone help me with some tips please?

Re: Re: Can anyone help me with some tips please?

If a prospective buyer tries to "beat you up" so to speak before you've even met - then that can't be a good sign can it? Buying and selling always has a bit of panto attaced to it, but there's no excuse for being rude and derogatory about you and your car.
I bet he was fun when he was an active copper!

I thought he would be a bit cheeky going by his emails, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt in case I has misinterpreted his tone via emails, but I wish I hadnt, it was a good experience if nothing else.

Re: Re: Can anyone help me with some tips please?

Have to say, as a buyer, I would never, ever part with cash for a car I hadn't driven so you may have to make your own mind up on that one. Every one I've sold I've let the buyer drive at least a short distance just to get a feel, but if you've got an idiot you don't want to deal with not letting him or her drive is probably a good way of stonewalling the negotiations with them.

Had he shown me a proof of insurance I would perhaps have let him, if he wasn't such a rude and derogatory individual.

I've bought and sold probably a hundred cars in my lifetime. My best tip for keeping to your asking price when faced with a hard nosed buyer is to thank them for their offer and ask them to allow you 24 hours to think about it as you have someone else coming to view tomorrow and if it doesn't sell to them, then you'll be in touch.

Human nature will have the buyer upping their offer there and then.

Back