Can anyone else see the funny side of this?

Currently reading:
Can anyone else see the funny side of this?

how to appeal to youngsters add 80 points
how to do your job 60%
how to serve the public 100%
being filmed having fun and be blamed for everything priceless (well the lawyers will love them when the silly politicians touch em)

Haha yeah I can see the funny side, especially after watching the video. But... looks to me like they're on duty, so they're wasting (what could be) precious work time. And it would be have worked out better for them if it wasn't put on youtube. :p

Saying that though, they done a pretty decent job of building on public relations...
He added: "You don't always build up the most positive image of the police but they broke the mould.They were chatty and pleasant. It was just nice to see them in that situation."

I understand that they are public servants, but hell - who can honestly say that they have never done something they shouldn't have on work time? I know I can't :p

Theres a thread on a police forum that I go to with the same topic, few of the replies.

A great way to show people we're not so bad afterall. Just a bit of harmless fun and built some bridges in the community while they were at it.

Brilliant bit of sledging, good community policing.

I dont see the harm in this one bit, a brilliant way to show the public we are human and not the robots we get seen as most of the time.

If people on here seriously believe that the shields are going to be damaged doing this then they need to get out a bit more! Those things take more punishment than any snow covered hill could ever dream of dishing out.

I would love to have a go, as people have said, it shows that the Police are human.

I'm glad to hear that they don't seem to have been reprimanded other than a short lecture, here the campaign is to get us to see the police as our friends but since the majority of people only see the coppers just before they get booked for something there isn't a strong friendly image. It's great to find out that they're human and not always out to give people a hard time.

That said, the kid who filmed it should have known better than to post it on youtube where some troll could report it to the department the men came from.

which no doubt will go on personnel file, and be fully discloseable at court.....

Well that would suck but seriously in a court case a minor infraction for sledging one day couldn't possibly do much harm. What if it doesn't go on file, I find it hard to believe that their officer (sorry I'm not up to date on police lingo) is taking this that seriously, I'd say it's largely so that the people feel like they've been cheated out of tax payers dollars.

Either way I stand by point which was more getting at how they don't seem to have been suspended or lost their jobs over something so petty.

This will be more about health and safety than anything else. We should all be allowed to let our hair down now and again. But not if it could take a copper of the beat.

I think its harsh, its 2 mins, if they needed to go to a call then lets face it its not gonna take long to get back in the van is it. Just sums up what this country is like at the minute, employ PCO's or what ever they are to interact with the community and be a visible source and then you have these coppers that were joining in with the community and get get bollocked for it. Utter **** take, they cant do anything right.

Whilst I can see what people are saying I kind of also think that it is bad. Whilst you are at work you should be professional, I couldn't do something like that in front of my clients. I'm 50/50 tbh, I agree that we need to understand police are human but they chose to be police where their profession involves being constantly in the public eye. I can do what I want in the office out of the public eye but I don't get paid more and I chose my carreer with this in mind.

They are completely different professions though so you can hardly compare them. There will be plenty of professions where people can do stuff fine that you couldnt do in front of clients so not really relevant what you can or cant do.

Back