Technical Can any thing else go wong?????

Currently reading:
Technical Can any thing else go wong?????

Chrissie23

Brought my stilo 3dr 16v 1.6 dynamic. I love this car! I drive 50miles plus everyday, so im stacking on the miles. My dad got it brand new and had nothing wrong with it. I pay 4k for it when it is 4-5 years old and im just waiting for the next thing to go.
So far ive had to replace two front tyes, been told today that they have to be reaplaced again after 9-6 months. two coils have gone. map sensor replaced, leak in radiator, excessive movement in passenger suspension - replaced. engine fault blinks when in wrong gear. opps! Tracking belt replaced.
I have had this car since october last year. Feeling the credit crunch like many so im thinking of cutting my losses and getting something else.
Can any one help?:cry:

you paid that amount off him? sorry but i find that very expensive considerin i got mine for 1400 last year only 4 year old with 52K.

your alignment or camber is off, eating the front tyres, either that or excessive driving so i would get that sorted at the same time as the tyres. alignment is adjustable, camber isnt without buying camber adjustment bolts.

coil packs are known in stilo, very handy to carry some with you just incase, reminds me to get some, lol. i map sensor keeps playing about but you dont need to buy a new one. reset it and let it learn again in a 10 min drive and it will be fine and you can chek that thru fuel economy

possibly a spring snap? this was a recall so shudn have cost you anything. youve had common problems apart from the radiator with simple and usually not expensive fixes. the mechanic sounds like hes doing, fault code says this so we'll replace it. thats not the case as decks will soon tell you lol

Brought my stilo 3dr 16v 1.6 dynamic. I love this car! I drive 50miles plus everyday, so im stacking on the miles. My dad got it brand new and had nothing wrong with it. I pay 4k for it when it is 4-5 years old and im just waiting for the next thing to go.
So far ive had to replace two front tyes, been told today that they have to be reaplaced again after 9-6 months. two coils have gone. map sensor replaced, leak in radiator, excessive movement in passenger suspension - replaced. engine fault blinks when in wrong gear. opps! Tracking belt replaced.
I have had this car since october last year. Feeling the credit crunch like many so im thinking of cutting my losses and getting something else.
Can any one help?:cry:

Sorry to hear about your car troubles :hug:. With regard to the tyres, it may be worth while having wheel alignment carried out to see if they are out of spec as it would cause excessive tyre wear if its out.

Well I was thinking that too, "50miles plus per day" for 9 months = 15000miles, not bad for a heavier front wheel drive car
Tyres, timing belt and ignition parts are normal motoring expenses

Last edited:
Back