General Stilo SW Vandalised! Anybody have any panels?

Currently reading:
General Stilo SW Vandalised! Anybody have any panels?

GLC

Hi all,

unfortunately some lowlife has vandalised the passenger side of my Stilo SW while parked out on the street sometime between the 26th & 27th Dec.

Normally it would be on the driveway but we had family staying over for Xmas. They have keyed both passenger doors and the front wing as pictured below.

The front wing has a small dent in it before I brought it. So if anyone knows of a Stilo breaking in 632 Black [ Metallic ] with a good front wing and doors ideally, or a decent front wing that I can get resprayed with the doors instead that would be great!

Also I'm still looking for a decent none sunroof headlining if anyone knows of one too.

Thanks.

IMG_20221229_114655.jpg

I've still got the roof lining with sunroof aperture if you want to try filling the aperture with something. I don't want anything for it. It will be going to the local tip next week otherwise. I'm in SE28.
Thanks again for the offer on the roof lining, but I'd be as well to try recovering/ repairing the existing one instead if I can't source another none sunroof lining.

I've not made any progress on repairs yet, as I've been laid up with a stinking cold that I'm still trying to shake off.

Although found plenty of used panels the correct colour in Europe, just not sure the cost/ risk is worthwhile compared to getting it resprayed?

I would just get the panels you have machine polished. The scratch may not look so bad once it has been polished a bit.. (respray is going to cost twice what the car is worth)... but if you need it repaired, a SMART repairer might be able to just touch in the scratch, without the need for a (more expensive) trip to a body shop.

Ralf S.

I would just get the panels you have machine polished. The scratch may not look so bad once it has been polished a bit.. (respray is going to cost twice what the car is worth)... but if you need it repaired, a SMART repairer might be able to just touch in the scratch, without the need for a (more expensive) trip to a body shop.

Ralf S.
The Scratch has gone through the paint down to the primer on most of the damaged areas unfortunately, so there no chance of me polishing it out to a acceptable standard.

I'll still look into my options once I'm over my cold, so if I have to get it painted to fix the damage then so be it.

Back