General Calling the 4x4 guys

Currently reading:
General Calling the 4x4 guys

hi all
Iv got some fairly good mud and snow Tyres on rusty but I'm thinking of cutting some road Tyres.

What's the best pattern type to cut?

I know this will make the Tyres ilegel so I will have to drive there and back on my good set

In the summer (it's too bad there now) would any of you guys be interested in playing on the plains ?

Can you let me know please ?

Numbers would be limited.

Trev

I would love to attend!!:D I've recently been offered a Sisley 4x4 which I seriously considering, but needs to be towed 200 miles from Sheffield:confused:! I wonder if I can get away with a rope down the M1 & M25:eek: hahaha!!

Anyone know any good companies to arrange a lift? I will get it road-legal as soon as I have it so hopefully I can bring it along! If not, it'll be the Dynamique!:yum:

I have never been there before so maybe Trev if you could send me all the details? :eek: Many thanks.

I would love to attend!!:D I've recently been offered a Sisley 4x4 which I seriously considering, but needs to be towed 200 miles from Sheffield:confused:! I wonder if I can get away with a rope down the M1 & M25:eek: hahaha!!

Anyone know any good companies to arrange a lift? I will get it road-legal as soon as I have it so hopefully I can bring it along! If not, it'll be the Dynamique!:yum:

I have never been there before so maybe Trev if you could send me all the details? :eek: Many thanks.

Whats wrong with the Sisley? Buy it! Lol. Can't beat a 4x4 Panda!

Not going for the Sisley now, sticking with my CL :)

James

Ok, the Yeti has tow straps :D :D

By the way you do know that the rule of thumb is that YOU are responsible for attaching the strap to YOUR vehicle, so if you get stuck in a puddle it's YOUR turn to go paddling :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Kev is now seen hunting out his towing points :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Ok, the Yeti has tow straps :D :D

By the way you do know that the rule of thumb is that YOU are responsible for attaching the strap to YOUR vehicle, so if you get stuck in a puddle it's YOUR turn to go paddling :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Kev is now seen hunting out his towing points :ROFLMAO:

If anyone is interested in the 2 Sisley's, please PM me to get his mobile number. :)

I would love to get a Sisley, especially the G-plate with bull bars, but costs too much to tow and will take a long time to re-register. The CL i'm getting is mint and well looked after. I would much rather that and have less work. Thanks for advice guys. I hope to be posting pictures of my new CL next week.

Last edited:
BANG

Right, come on gang. Who's still up for this? People on the list above, are we in or out? Available or not on Saturday 23rd May?

Going to be needing answers very soon, or the whole event could be in jepoardy :(

Come on :)

Can we have a confirmation of whos coming please :) Me a bit thick and not all with it and who's coming :eek:

Jon,

I have this little lot confirmed, we have space for a couple more if you can find any 'volunteers'

MEP
Tonka (Kev)
RustyPanda
James2609

And I am still to grab a lift round with someone.

Trev

Right. So is this 4 members with 4wd Panda's then?

And am I likely to need to put recovery on Stand-by for the journey home (the Panda won't get to badly beaten will it?)

Jon.

Right. So is this 4 members with 4wd Panda's then?

And am I likely to need to put recovery on Stand-by for the journey home (the Panda won't get to badly beaten will it?)

Jon.

Ahem

3 with 4wd, James is coming with a 1000cl, so get your tow straps & camera ready :devil:

you should be ok, but if we go through a hap of muddle puddles then a jetwash of the rad might be called for.

Trev

Ahem

3 with 4wd, James is coming with a 1000cl, so get your tow straps & camera ready :devil:

you should be ok, but if we go through a hap of muddle puddles then a jetwash of the rad might be called for.

Trev

Cool. I've always 7L of water in the boot incase she boils over.

James you'll be fine. The 750L was forever dirt tracking in my first year of driving around college. Just have some knobly tires :)

Nope... think it was lewey/luke whilst they painted there set. as a go between whilsone wheel got done and dried.

I might be wrong though

Oh right. Ok. Not to worry. Just I'm drowning in the bloody things :p :eek:

On the off roading note. How do I 're carve' rubber? It easy / dangerous?

Just as I've so many tires it might be easier for me to make some chunky tyres to fit when we arrive (y)

Jon.

Back