General Calling all fiorino owners.

Currently reading:
General Calling all fiorino owners.

Hi, posted on this thread back in 2007! Still got the Fiorino now with 81k on the clock(was50), passenger door looking ropey now but otherwise great!

I bought on 6 months ago, 1999 1.7td, one owner 50.000 miles:).
It needs a little bit of TLC, but its done 7500 miles in the last 2 months and never missed a beat. not bad for £400 T&T'd(y)
only grumble is the steering well lack of power steering really. (n)

I have got a 1999 fiorino pivkup with 27,000 kms on the clock which is less than 20,000 miles.It was not in use for about 3 years and I decided to take it for mot one day it flew through and 3 more since .The best thing i find with the pickup is only 2 seats never got the wife and daughter both telling me how to drive.

Hey Fiorino's,

8 years after the threadbirth, a new fiorino fan is answering the call!

I just bought a 1998 fiorino 1.7 TD and drove it for a week now! (engine did allready 226K kms!!). I'm very happy that i made the choice to buy it. Fiat commercial rules!
Thanks to Peter pick-up my believe in Fiorino started to grow as i was more or less looking for just a handy car. But i just cannot buy an ugly german car:), doesn't matter what my friends say about sturdy quality, i show them that other cars are just as sturdy, and fiats are just better!!:slayer:

Had to change the generatorbelt though and after driving through wet weather under my seats there are small puddles? This water needs to come from somewhere but where i haven't figured out jet...

So see you later! have a good work with FIAT fiorino!

Welcome..!!
With 226.000KM's and proper maintenance, you're only halfway yet...!!
Those engines are indestructible.
Keep in mind the cambelt interval, and remember to check valve clearances during the cambelt change.
Fiat advises to check valve clearance every 20.000 km or so, but I found that the valve clearance hardly change at all.
Oil and filter every 7500km, air and fuel filter every 15.000km, and you'll be fine.

I just noticed that it's a turbo version, so oil quality is very important to keep it healthy spinning...
Be VERY careful when cold, and let the engine idle for some time after a fast run, to cool the turbo down...

Last edited:
Hi people I've got a fiorino 1.3jtd and it struggles to start. It fires eventually but sounds abit like the battery is flat but then 4th or 5th turn it sound fine and starts. I've also replaced the egr today to try and cure the limp mode but it hasn't worked. Any ideas thanks in advance

Hi people I've got a fiorino 1.3jtd and it struggles to start. It fires eventually but sounds abit like the battery is flat but then 4th or 5th turn it sound fine and starts. I've also replaced the egr today to try and cure the limp mode but it hasn't worked. Any ideas thanks in advance

Wrong forum section, the Mk1&2 were never equipped with a 1,3 jtd engine...

Hi ,
I suspect your modern fiorino ( pick-up?)is mechanically the same as a doblo,

worth getting a decent system like MultiECUScan connected to it's diagnostic port - then you'll be able to rule out the common stuff like rail pressures, etc, before spending ANY money on parts,

how many miles has it covered..??,

charlie - Oxford

Hi Fiat Fiorino owner here, 80000m 1.3 75bhp 2009
Silver just like my old Barc was.
Must say hasnt been completely plain sailing but still love the combi van.
Strange knocking noise at the front Im trying to locate. Garage had a look and couldnt figure it....

Nick.

Hi Fiat Fiorino owner here, 80000m 1.3 75bhp 2009
Silver just like my old Barc was.
Must say hasnt been completely plain sailing but still love the combi van.
Strange knocking noise at the front Im trying to locate. Garage had a look and couldnt figure it....

Nick.

I'm sorry, but wrong section, this is for the Brazilian made Mk1+2 versions, untill MY 2000.

Last edited:
New in my family is a Fiorino wheelchair bus. Actually belongs to my son who although registered on here (scientistcamper) has failed to introduce himself. Kids eh? Anyway its a low mileage '98 TD one in a fetching MAUVE! Was on ebay a month or so back and other than an annoying drip from the injector pump and me sticking in new glow-plugs, none of them worked, it is ok. As his user name suggests we are going to kit it out as a baby camper. I already have a couple, a VW LT1 and a T25 so it looks like the acorn hasnt fallen very far........... :D

12002398_1053064224717627_9191771201227190247_o.jpg

Back