General Bye Bye Pandas..

Currently reading:
General Bye Bye Pandas..

Greetings, Citizens.

I seldom post nowadays, but some of you may remember me from back in the day. I've been a Panda owner for 12 years now, I started with this little 750:

750_Fantasia.JPG

Which lasted for a couple of years, followed by this lovely Parade:

Panda_classic.JPG

That got me into the club scene, and it travelled to quite a few meets. It really was a great car, I still miss it. We had it for 5 happy years, at which point Mrs. Plug decided that she'd like something with a bit more more poke (although quicker than the 750, motorway slip roads still called for a certain bravery), so we bought this:

Panda_1_Anon_small.jpg

It's been ours for just over 5 years, but finally my Panda journey has come to an end :cry:. It goes in part exchange on Friday.

I'm not entirely leaving the fold however, as the 100HP's replacement is this:

media111.jpg

It may have Chrysler badges on thanks to FC's spineless marketing department, but we all know it's really a Lancia. 875cc of two cylinder turbocharged fury :D.

So thank you, Pandas, for the past decade and a bit. Fast you may not be, fun you definitely are. I've always had a smile on my face. Arrividerci!

Cheers,

Plug

I'm already all over ebay.it ;)

It's not going to be cheap (replacement front grille €120 + shipping, without the badge!) but if I can get all the parts together - and I don't see why I can't, they're not a rare car in Europe - I'm taking it back to its roots and I'll have probably the only Lancia Ypsilon in the UK! Well, RHD drive one anyway :)

Don't want people thinking I drive some cheap American crap..

Cheers,

Plug

I'm already all over ebay.it ;)

It's not going to be cheap (replacement front grille €120 + shipping, without the badge!) but if I can get all the parts together - and I don't see why I can't, they're not a rare car in Europe - I'm taking it back to its roots and I'll have probably the only Lancia Ypsilon in the UK! Well, RHD drive one anyway :)

Don't want people thinking I drive some cheap American crap..

Cheers,

Plug

there is/was a FF member in the midlands who did the "Roots" on his Delta,
look on the FF sister site , Chryslerwise;)

@ Nello - may be able to give you some links / tips

Last edited:
Back