500 (Classic) buying a used 500c

Currently reading:
500 (Classic) buying a used 500c

VictoriaRose

Hello,
Have just joined a few minutes ago, so sorry if I am in the wrong section.
I do not have a fiat yet but hope to be buying a 500c (an 09) next week:), after a test drive and car check. I am 5'8", a friend has wondered if the driving area will be cramped and also said they have heard they are greedy on petrol - not too much of a problem but I would like to know before buying. Also what are they like on hills?
Many thanks if someone can help me. VictoriaRose

Hi,
welcome to the forum.
Unfortunately you are in the wrong section. This is for the original Fiat 500 classic. Hopefully one of the moderators will move this post to the correct section 500, otherwise you can start a new thread there.
Good luck with your new car. I have never driven one myself but have been told they are a great little car.

Hello,
I do not have a fiat yet but hope to be buying a 500c (an 09) next week:), after a test drive and car check. I am 5'8", a friend has wondered if the driving area will be cramped and also said they have heard they are greedy on petrol - not too much of a problem but I would like to know before buying. Also what are they like on hills?

You'll be fine for room and it's not cramped at all.

They are ok on fuel, my wife's diesel 500C averaged 60-65mpg over 3 years and her current Twinair about 50mpg. Although the twinair can be less if you floor it a lot. Sorry haven't owned a 1.2 so can't comment on that. Our 500's have both been very reliable.

cheers, Steve

Last edited:
Hello,

Hi, and welcome, :)

you're in the newbie section..and that's what you are..;)

we've had a panda for 11 years,
I'm 5'9" and it's fine,(y)

ok yours is a different profile roof ( cloth) but the basic space will be fine.. you had a test drive after all..!!

advice wear a BIG coat / puffa jacket.. if it feels tight in the 500 - then it's no good for YOU in the WINTER;)

40 - 50 mpg is "normal" for a 1.2 petrol,
it's NOT a modern/hi-tech design of car.!!;)

make sure it's either got a good TRADE warranty - or buy your own ( for peace of mind), :)
Charlie - Oxford

Back