New owner - Fiat 500c "Lounge"

Currently reading:
New owner - Fiat 500c "Lounge"

manikm303

Hi everyone.

Picked up a 59 plate, Fiat 500c "Lounge" model - black paint, with dark red rag roof, black dash, red leather seats.

Its done a few miles, 91K - clutch was replaced at 85K approx, roof runners have been replaced, and it has a full service history.

Paint work is good, and has the "chrome" pack - i just hope we havent bought a lemon.

So far so good....!

Some minor points ive noticed:
There was condensation in the rear lights i noticed last night.
The steering wheel control buttons arent very responsive, especially the volume up and down - not sure if i should try some electrical contract cleaner or not.

Other than that, all appears good...love the 3 stage rag top.
:)

Hi i expect you will come to love it! condensation in rear lights very common( you will look at every other 500 you see from now on! 😜 )
A clutch at 80-90 k also about right!.
What engine do you have? if its the 1.2 4 cylinder you should be fine if serviced properly these go 150-200k change oil and filter regularly !!.
A couple of early checks you can do is to make sure the main earth strap is good if not only £5 or so to replace! also check the thermostat fitting for the pipe that runs to the heater matrix!- the standard one is made of PLASTIC and fractures right of at the joint leading to a major loss of coolant! if you grip the housing at the thermostat end of the rubber hose from the heater and wiggle from side to side you will know if you have a problem!_ but to be honest its better to partly drain the coolant and pop the hose off!- if you see plastic fitting then get an after market thermostat with a METAL heater pipe fitting! once done its future proofed, plus you get the chance top renew the coolant as well !.
Plenty of advice on here regarding bleeding the system just be careful withe the "bleed screw as its easy to break of in the fitting!.
last check is the hatch wiring! (loads of threads on here to read up on!)as this can cause many and varied electrical issues!
like i said reckon you will love it just be aware that these are quirky little cars that need love and (fairly frequent) attention to give there best!.
keep us updated on your experiences and remember there is a wealth of knowledge on here to help if you run into issues!.

thanks you @steveras57

yes, its the 1.2 - i will check all that - thank you!

here she is

Attachments

• PXL_20240203_132952377.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240203_132952377.MP.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 19
Hi i expect you will come to love it! condensation in rear lights very common( you will look at every other 500 you see from now on! 😜 )
What engine do you have? if its the 1.2 4 cylinder you should be fine if serviced properly these go 150-200k change oil and filter regularly !!.
A couple of early checks you can do is to make sure the main earth strap is good if not only £5 or so to replace! also check the thermostat fitting for the pipe that runs to the heater matrix!- the standard one is made of PLASTIC and fractures right of at the joint leading to a major loss of coolant! if you grip the housing at the thermostat end of the rubber hose from the heater and wiggle from side to side you will know if you have a problem!_ but to be honest its better to partly drain the coolant and pop the hose off!- if you see plastic fitting then get an after market thermostat with a METAL heater pipe fitting! once done its future proofed, plus you get the chance top renew the coolant as well !.
Plenty of advice on here regarding bleeding the system just be careful withe the "bleed screw as its easy to break of in the fitting!.
last check is the hatch wiring! (loads of threads on here to read up on!)as this can cause many and varied electrical issues!
like i said reckon you will love it just be aware that these are quirky little cars that need love and (fairly frequent) attention to give there best!.
keep us updated on your experiences and remember there is a wealth of knowledge on here to help if you run into issues!.
Found this video - for some common faults - he goes through the earth strap issue, and some others.

Very helpful - thanks

Maybe this is a sticky on here - who knows.

is this what you mean re plastic fitting?
8m 58s in... ?

Back