Grande Punto New Fiat Punto Grande owner

Currently reading:
Grande Punto New Fiat Punto Grande owner

Abwiz

Hi guys n gall s, just wanted to say hi as I'm new here. Hope everyone is doing well and loving there Fiat s as I do mine??

Just a quick message to anyone who knows there stuff. Which is probably most, if not all... I've got major problems with my gearbox in my 2007 1999cc Turbo Diesel Fiat Punto Grande. At 1st it started with a small hairline crack in the outer rear case of my gearbox,and noticed a tiny leak under passenger side of car. So when I looked and found where it was leaking from. Then there was a wining noise in 6th, then it changed to 5th n 6th. All other gears were OK. But now iv no 5th or 6th gear at all. Won't even let me put into them now. So i suppose that the Question really is. Does anyone know what other gearbox s would fit straight into my car?? Even if it only ends up being a 5 speed instead of a 6. Because it seems to me that there s a major fault with nearly all of the 6 speed ones iv looked for on here too. I looked for a cheep car,same as mine so I could just change the gearbox over. Saw a red one on here for £600 but also had gearbox issues. Any idea what other would fit straight into mine. As new to being a fiat owner and love my car, the way it drives is excellent. But could order one from here but they wany 800, or could order one from Spain, which is where alot seem to be, for only £120 but they want £160 post n package. Which is ridiculous. So is there any others I can start to look for which would go straight into mine from different car, or even if the fiat diablo van would fit. I think that's what there called. Sorry the message is an essay, but needed to write everything down and could not work out how to get my point across in less words. So please help if you can. I'm desperate and don't want to get rid of it and buy another car. Cheers all. Hope someone has some news for me soon. Hope everyone s having a better time with there cars than I am right now. And need to fix as cheap as possible. Thanks guys n galls, have a gr8 weekend driving your cars, n think of me sat at home crying. Lol.

Just a quick message to anyone who knows there stuff. Which is probably most, if not all... I've got major problems with my gearbox in my 2007 1999cc Turbo Diesel Fiat Punto Grande. At 1st it started with a small hairline crack in the outer rear case of my gearbox,and noticed a tiny leak under passenger side of car. So when I looked and found where it was leaking from. Then there was a wining noise in 6th, then it changed to 5th n 6th. All other gears were OK. But now iv no 5th or 6th gear at all. Won't even let me put into them now. So i suppose that the Question really is. Does anyone know what other gearbox s would fit straight into my car?? Even if it only ends up being a 5 speed instead of a 6. Because it seems to me that there s a major fault with nearly all of the 6 speed ones iv looked for on here too. I looked for a cheep car,same as mine so I could just change the gearbox over. Saw a red one on here for £600 but also had gearbox issues. Any idea what other would fit straight into mine. As new to being a fiat owner and love my car, the way it drives is excellent. But could order one from here but they wany 800, or could order one from Spain, which is where alot seem to be, for only £120 but they want £160 post n package. Which is ridiculous. So is there any others I can start to look for which would go straight into mine from different car, or even if the fiat diablo van would fit. I think that's what there called. Sorry the message is an essay, but needed to write everything down and could not work out how to get my point across in less words. So please help if you can. I'm desperate and don't want to get rid of it and buy another car. Cheers all. Hope someone has some news for me soon. Hope everyone s having a better time with there cars than I am right now. And need to fix as cheap as possible. Thanks guys n galls, have a gr8 weekend driving your cars, n think of me sat at home crying. Lol.
Sorry but I think the car is dead. I realise this isn't the news you wanted... but the cost of replacing the gearbox is likely more than the value of the car.

If the car has sentimental value, then maybe its worth getting the gearbox done, or if its otherwise in mint condition. But the average 2007 Grande Punto isn't worth having a new gearbox.

There really aren't cheap gearbox jobs - unless you can do the job yourself. And even then buying a secondhand gearbox is probably £300-400.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Back