Button to Mclaren confirmed

Currently reading:
Button to Mclaren confirmed

For all you F1 nuts. Button will be at Mclaren in 2010.

Looks like it'll be British vs. Germans on the grid next year if Mercedes GP (brawn) go for a german lineup.

For all you F1 nuts. Button will be at Mclaren in 2010.

Looks like it'll be British vs. Germans on the grid next year if Mercedes GP (brawn) go for a german lineup.

Germans versus Germans + Brits if McLaren keep the Merc motor...

And he has added £7 million a year to his pay cheque..your in the wrong job Ffoxy..:(

And he has added £7 million a year to his pay cheque..your in the wrong job Ffoxy..:(

I dont do my job for the money Phil... although it's nice! (y)

Ffoxy isn't in the wrong job. He's in the right job but on the wrong salary.

I was a little puzzled by this. If Mercedes are supplying McLaren and own Brawn. Does that mean they will be supplying identical engines, or is one going to be a top flight motor and the other a "customer" version.

Last edited:
This is what happenned last time they had two drivers vying for the championship

Then again they won't have two drivers running for the championship this time.
How long before Button gets sick of finishing second.

I'm more looking forward to seeing the Lotus F1 team. Hope it's good old british racing green! Or red and gold.

I think regardless of the Championship win this year for Button, Hamilton will still be the number 1 in the McLaren garage.

Last edited:
I think there is a lot more to this deal than meets the eye.
I think probably that Button would have settled for the money that Brawn were offering, but he wanted a multi-year deal, and Mercedes wouldn't play ball, because after 2010 they want young Mr vettel in the team, along with either Heidfeld or Rosberg.
If say McLaren offered him £6m x 3 =£18m, as opposed to £6m x 1=£6m.
I reckon that's the reason. Why else would Jenson willingly relinguish top-dog position, and put himself up against Hamilton? By the way, I think Lewis has done enough to shut up the idiots who thought he only won the championship because he had a McLaren in 2008.

Ffoxy isn't in the wrong job. He's in the right job but on the wrong salary.

I was a little puzzled by this. If Mercedes are supplying McLaren and own Brawn. Does that mean they will be supplying identical engines, or is one going to be a top flight motor and the other a "customer" version.

Lovin how me, my job & my salary are being mentioned in the same sentences as Jensen Button, Brawn & F1! :chin::ROFLMAO::shrug::rumour:

This is what happenned last time they had two drivers vying for the championship

YouTube- F1 Suzuka 1989 Senna Prost collision with natural sounds

Then again they won't have two drivers running for the championship this time.
How long before Button gets sick of finishing second.

hamilton/mclaren has proven even more recently with alonso they're totally incapable of running two "top" drivers.

feel this is a worse decision for button than staying with honda for the last few seasons when they were rarely finishing.

hamilton/mclaren has proven even more recently with alonso they're totally incapable of running two "top" drivers.

feel this is a worse decision for button than staying with honda for the last few seasons when they were rarely finishing.
Assuming Jenson had a choice of course, I would agree. He is trying to rationalise it by saying that at the end of last season the McLaren had the legs on the Brawn, and since the cars will not be massively different next season, then McLaren should have the momentum.
Personally I think that's face-saving talk. I would rather have Ross Brawn in my corner than "son of Ron Whitmarsh. McLaren have shown themselves to be all theory and no common sense on numerous occasions in the last 2 years, and Ross will always out fox them.
Unfortunately Jenson has found out the hard way (as Mansell did in 1993) that winning a world title counts for little with your existing team, becasue they see it as a "team" effort rather than the efforts of a superstar driver.
I really think that the length of the deal on offer has been the sticking point here, not the actual salary.

Back