General Bulbs

Currently reading:
General Bulbs

HPsimon

Quick question...does anyone know whether the indicator bulbs (front and back) have opposite pins or off-set pins?

I want to order some chrome bulbs today...and shall not be able to actually look at the ones on the car until the weekend.

Thanks

Simon

Hi, can't help with the pins, though a quick call to your local dealer may prove fruitfull, but what I can tell you, is that if you have AC and the pipes are routed right behind the offside headlamp access cover you'll need to remove the radiator grill, and drop the bumper to remove the headlamp to gain access. It was like this on my MJ, but other versions may have more space for them to be routed. Point to remember is that there are two Torx bolts right on the corners inside the bumper, remove the screws holding the wheel arches in place and move them aside just enough too peak through and you can see them, luckily my thin arms made possible to remove to get them.
If you are doing this it may be worth upgrading the headlamps and side lamps to Philips x-treme or vision plus or similar, they are rated at the same wattage as OEM, but are far better and the set of vision plus that I had fitted to my Landrover lasted 5 years and may still be working now as I sold it with them fitted. Got the x-treme fitted now - good but pricey, and still not certain that they may be any better than the vision plus.

Hope this helps

For gods sake don't buy chromed indicator bulbs, they're rubbish and so dim in daylight they're almost dangerous.

If you want silver bulbs get Philips Silvervision.

Back