Technical bulb change???

Currently reading:
Technical bulb change???

there is a whole TOPIC on changing bulbs in AUTOBILD and Stilo is among the worst ones.they say that you need 30minutes per side to change the buld. Mercedes, BMW's are easty to change bulbs to and Golf 5 is absolute champion cause you need only 60seconds!

FIAT STILO 1.6 3dR Tiziano Red
Sub=Pioneer TS WX20LPA
AUTOMOBILE SK

My left bulb went out - took it to the dealer for free - now my right bulb has gone out - also taking it to the dealer for free :D. Anyhow, to replace the left one, we put the car on a stand, raised it to 5 feet, turned the steering wheel all the way to the left, screwed away the inner fender lining and NOW comes the hard part. Just feeling around in the dark, trying to undo the rear headlight panel. The mechanic could hardly do it, I wouldn´t be able to. Now what exactly were FIAT thinking?

Just to let you know, dealers charge about £35 to change a bulb in both headlights. I bought a new set of bulbs (uprated) and couldn't find how to fit them myself even though I am pretty handy with cars.

Fiat Stilo Abarth 3dr. Loden Green, Beige Leather, Sky Window, Cold Climate Pack, 17" Alloys, CD Changer, 260w 8 Speaker Stereo.

Thanks for the thread guys,
changing RHS dip beam bulb, but thought to myself 'that can't be right' when fiddling about in that area.
Cheers,
Paul

Hi guys and gals. I've also suffered a dipped headlight bulb failure just in the last couple of days. I though I was a bit handy with cars until I saw how inaccessable it is. Have just joined and looked thru the forums and there is some great advice here so have a good look. I'm gonna try some of the solutions as Halfords wouldn't touch it (curiously would do the brake light though as I found out a few weeks ago!). Seriously though, an item such as a headlight should be designed to be changed within seconds for safety's sake rather than a trip to the dealer. Whats all that about FIAT??

FIAT STILO 1.8 DYNAMIC. BORING STANDARD SPEC!

Its a simple job on the 1.4 that June has just bought wish it was that easy on my 1.6 :bang:

I've just my drivers side dipped headlamp go. According to the book it's simple but the book bears absolutely no relevance to the car!

According to my dealers (Research Garage in Nuneaton), it's an extremely simple job and will take 10 minutes tops and you don't have to remove any parts of the engine compartment.... he didn't like it when I suggested I go there and he can show me how simple it was.

Have decided that the next car I buy will be decided upon how easy the bulbs are to change!!

I am so glad that someone else has noticed that the handbook bears no relevance to the car - it's not just me!

This is strange. I replaced both front fogs in around 20 mins. Even then it only took 20mins because one of the bulbs had corroded into place.....

Ross

I think you'll find that you're the exception rather than the norm... see how quickly you can do it in the Abarth :mad:

Ah right. Is the abarth engine bigger leaving even less room?

I have to be honest the passenger side one would have been a bitch apart from the fact that i could reach the bulb from under the car by putting my arm straight up and just reaching it.

Ross

Easiest way is just to take the wheel liner out and get at them that way, only a few screws and you have quite good access to them from the wheel arch =]

All Stilo's do not have them.
I have Xenon Head Lights, no bulb below the repeater.
Only 2 switches parking and rear fog lights.

:p

Fiat Stillo MW. 1.9JTD
Met. Blue. all Electric. Skywindow..SatNav+
17" 7 spoke alloys.
Rear Parking sensor and Puddle Lights.

......Ham............
every single car have to have fog lights!!!!

Has anyone changed their headlight bulbs yet? I've had a quick look just now (in the dark with a torch...) and I haven't the faintest on how to even get to the bulbs...
Any ideas???
[?]:D[?]:D

1.6 16v Stilo Active Sport, Powerflow twin exit exhaust, K&N Induction kit

hello very easy to do just done both sides with upgraded bulbs done both in under half hour. if you jack up car and between front bumper and inner wing you can get your arm up to headlamp units. remove backing and replace bulbs piece if ****. yours norfolk horn(y)

every single car have to have fog lights!!!!

this is not accurate, every car only has to have a working rear fog light to pass MOT, but if it is fitted with front fogs then both mus work. (y) aslong as ur lights work on both sides then your all good.

Back