Styling bravo wheels on a sei???

Currently reading:
Styling bravo wheels on a sei???

i am looking at getting some wheels off a bravo to put on my sei there 15's and there original fiat wheels will they fit straight on or am i going to need some kinda spacers

there 6.5 wide
was thinking of stretching the tyres on the rims

just wandering if anyone knows what size tyres im goin to have to get its lowered 40mm so im expecting some work in the arches

cheers

lee

No they wont fit straight on and i wouldnt bother - you will kill the acceleration

Work to be done as you acknowledge and with a 40mm drop it will catch all the time

Stick to either 13" or 14"

Last edited:
Well my post was a waste of time

Unsure on tyres, maybe post on the bravo forum?

I don't know what people have against stretched tyres.

It's been proven on JDM cars to be safe, and euro folk use stretch quite alot.

When you have 155/50's on 9j rims then you need to see a doctor. Otherwise a sensible stretch is fine.

Thanks

X

It's just a styling thing. Fitting the appropriate tyres to the appropriate rims is a safety thing. If the wheel/tyre combination is outside of the tyre maker's recommended fittings, your insurance company, and possibly the police, will take you to the cleaners.

Of course, this is even more the case if the OP intends to fit a 1.4 16v engine...........

Insurance knows about my maserati wheels and tyre selection so therefore they cannot screw me if they tried. I have paperwork to confirm they know.

I have two sets of maserati wheels and one set will be fitted with my yoko's in 185/50 (daily/track use), the other set with nankang AS1's (show use) in 155/55 stretch (technically not even a stretch).

Stretch isn't just a style. it is when it comes to using run of the mill nankangs or cheng poo brand tyres. I have seen brand new BMW's come out of the showroom fitted with narrower/stretched tyres.

Thanks

X

So incording to what I should be running then, my maserati wheels should be fitted with 205/60/14. For some reason I don't think they will even fit in a sei arch :D. The 185/50/14 selection "doesn't fit" but they don't even class as a narrower tyre :confused:.

The nankang doesn't really class a stretch as they just fit on and bead up as normal.

6.5_155_55_R14_Nankang_NS2_2.jpg

6.5_155_55_R14_Nankang_NS2_3.jpg

So why would a car manufacturer be fitting narrower tyres onto a car (especially BMW of all companies)? That is the one that confuses me if it's not safe :confused:.

In my opinion it is safe aslong as your not trying to do this:

9.5_195_45_15_Toyo (4).jpg

The sidewalls are severely comprimised and I would expect that to blow off at the first pot hole.

Thanks

X

Last edited:
I'd go for 195/45/15s. Falkens are probably the cheapest ones worth buying, or fora bit more look at Maragoni or Uniroyal Rainsport. They'll be a tight fit, but it's doable, you may have to take a hammer to the inner rear arches, towards the top -- et has as big an influence as the tyre size itself.

Back