Technical Bravo rear brake calipers

Currently reading:
Technical Bravo rear brake calipers

Davejura

Hi folks. First post on here! We have a 2010 Bravo 1.6 diesel and I am currently trying to change the rear pads and disks. I just can't get the caliper pistons back in on either side! I can't get a rewind tool in on the rh side as the piston is too far out, and on the other side it just wont budge. Am I right in thinking that the LH side should be anti clockwise and the RH side clockwise? On the RH side the rubber boot covering the piston is missing. Should I just replace this caliper? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Hi folks. First post on here! We have a 2010 Bravo 1.6 diesel and I am currently trying to change the rear pads and disks. I just can't get the caliper pistons back in on either side! I can't get a rewind tool in on the rh side as the piston is too far out, and on the other side it just wont budge. Am I right in thinking that the LH side should be anti clockwise and the RH side clockwise? On the RH side the rubber boot covering the piston is missing. Should I just replace this caliper? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Here you go :)

https://www.fiatforum.com/bravo/426552-rr-brake-caliper-piston-stuck.html?426552=#post4083362

Thank you! Oops, I'll post in the right place. Must be the stress of today!
Had a look at the link, but none the wiser.

The pistons screw back into the caliper in in opposite directions one side left hand thread. I bought a tool kit on eBay to get the reverse thread tool for about £20 which worked easily. Make sure the hand brake is OFF and the wheels chocked. If you turn them the wrong way they can get stuck. I did this at first, and then realised what was required - courtesy of this site- and used the correct tool and they both went back easily. It can be quite hard to get them to start to move, I think I used a long box spanner to get a little extra leverage on the tools T handle. You cannot just push them back in. The job should not cause any big problems. The hardest part was the caliper carrier brackets which I removed and these were fiendishly tight.

Back