Bravo named Clunky

Currently reading:
Bravo named Clunky

Not sure. I know there is one other design of wheel for the Coupe in 16" but they appear to be rarer than an appropriately dressed munter on a summers day.

not these minging things?

f4e91mi6.jpg

Clock34 said:
not these minging things?

f4e91mi6.jpg

LEs are pretty much the same as those refurbed ones...standard 20VTs in an anthracite finish. There's the Plus versions too, but I think they're a bit too fussy as a design. Those ones you pictured Steve are on the normal 20v and the 16v models from memory, think they're 15" as well. There's this other variation I've seen too on some 20v's, they all seem to be 4-spoke designs...

3795649-5.jpg

...but anyway, those refurbed ones are the best of the standard Coupe ones either way :D

no the LE has the splits in the spokes those are the standard 20vt alloys i had on my 20vt think its also called plus as it has the extra 6spd box

abyss113 said:

Yeah that's the Plus, the LE made do with the 20VT alloys just redone in the darker grey - see Kelvin's one that used to be on here before it got moved to the Far East, didn't realise it got a PH article... http://www.pistonheads.com/tvr/default.asp?storyId=19917. Both had the 6-speed box, push button start and Recaro's amongst some other bits but the LE had two-tone red/black as opposed to the Plus' single colour seats. Apologies for being such a pedant :laugh:

muppet42 said:
Yeah that's the Plus, the LE made do with the 20VT alloys just redone in the darker grey - see Kelvin's one that used to be on here before it got moved to the Far East, didn't realise it got a PH article... http://www.pistonheads.com/tvr/default.asp?storyId=19917. Both had the 6-speed box, push button start and Recaro's amongst some other bits but the LE had two-tone red/black as opposed to the Plus' single colour seats. Apologies for being such a pedant :laugh:

*cough, you missed the red detailing on the steering wheel in your description, cough*

:D

The standard 15" would look good on an older vw me thinks, they're just too small for the Coupe and especially the Bravo. I am not 100% sold on the Plus models, think i prefer my solid spokes. Undoubtedly i won't have them long though :laugh:

Change of plans guys. Just test-fitted the Coupe wheels, and not entirely sold, plus wheel bolts will be a nightmare. I have my eye on a different set of wheels on eBay, so provided I win it, I am tempted to get shot of both the Coupe wheels, plus the steelies. If you are interested in either, send me a PM :)

Now, to try win these wheels

Slightly gutted, but the Coupe wheels are now officially up for sale. I have either three options now. Either, I don't buy another set, I bid for a set of RH Toplines, or speak to a guy about a set of Image 355's. Whatcha think?

Coupe wheels are in the Traders Post bit now too. Also definitely gonna be able to go to the Italian Car and Bike Show in August :)

sorry, was going to get them so i wouldnt need spacers for the brembos when i eventually buy a set as the others fell through. but now i dont need them :S.

and i like the wheels you have on it!

Back