General Brake pedal in passenger footwell?

Currently reading:
General Brake pedal in passenger footwell?

cubbox

Was driving down the motorway the other day and my mate in the front passenger seat decided to stretch his legs. He put one foot up to the right of the footwell and suddenly the brakes slammed on!? :confused:

Turns out there is some small brake linkage or something (i'm guessing for left hand drive conversion) on the passenger side and it isnt that hard to find and press.. So far i've had 3 passengers find it by accident and scare the **** outa me!

Anyone else had this problem? I tried doing a search and couldn't find much.

Its a great car i might add apart from this 'second' brake pedal (y) Only my second car (i'm 19) and i was amazed at what i could get for the insurance group!

Was driving down the motorway the other day and my mate in the front passenger seat decided to stretch his legs. He put one foot up to the right of the footwell and suddenly the brakes slammed on!? :confused:

Turns out there is some small brake linkage or something (i'm guessing for left hand drive conversion) on the passenger side and it isnt that hard to find and press.. So far i've had 3 passengers find it by accident and scare the **** outa me!

Anyone else had this problem? I tried doing a search and couldn't find much.

Its a great car i might add apart from this 'second' brake pedal (y) Only my second car (i'm 19) and i was amazed at what i could get for the insurance group!

I saw a Thread in FF a while back along similar lines but I cant remember if it was a new Panda or a new 500...

The stilo is a Left had drive car converted to right hand drive for the UK. There is a linkage running from the original brake pedal position across, behind the dashboard to where the pedal has to be for the UK.

My wife has done the same braking thing when I am driving too. First she did it by accident, but now she just does it to annoy me.

I saw a Thread in FF a while back along similar lines but I cant remember if it was a new Panda or a new 500...

If it's the thread i think youre referring too, it was in a new 500 that someone found this, and then people commented that the same applied in the Panda too.

Ive got a Stilo though, good job my mates are all short, don't fancy that happenning on the M6!

hmm never had this in the centos.
i it really open under the dash?
wouldnt be hard to fab' a metal sheild i suppose

Its pretty easy to find on mine, if you just stretch your legs out and put your right foot up towards the dash its there. My mate unfortunately found it on the return journey from a trip to France and found it pretty amusing scaring the hell out of me on the motorway!

Back