Technical Brake Pads

Currently reading:
Technical Brake Pads

i've been told that 'green stuff' pads don't make any brake dust [:0]

not sure whether you can get em for a cento tho - tell me if you can and i'll be getting them next time round!

SEI POWER

NOS Guzzlers are just lower beings :D

i have greenstuff on my cinq i wouldnt say no brake dust but definitely makes a big difference in both brake dust and stopping power. i just replaced mine as they were wearing a bit thin! only £34. i was gonna get black diamond ones to go with my disks but apparently they are just reboxed feroda (i spelt that wrong havent i?) ones.

incidently when i did change the pads i noticed the right inside pad was particulaly worn and so was the left come to think of it but right more so! any ideas why this would be??

Mick
Cinquecento Sporting

hi

you can get greenstuff and there is also red dot pads. in the market for some myself actually.

joe

Seicento Sporting 2000 X
Black
Black Front and Side Indicaters
Pioneer DCEH8400 HeadUnit + JBL speakers 6x9 in parcel shelf, 10cm in front, 10" Sub and GTO4000 AMP(600Watt).
Abarth badges all round from abarthbadges.co.uk

<blockquote id="quote"> face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by mickymunch
a big difference in both brake dust and stopping power.
Mick
Cinquecento Sporting
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

you mean they stop better or worse?

SEI POWER

NOS Guzzlers are just lower beings :D

If your front brakes are similar to the Panda....

uneven pad wear is usually down to sticky/corroded sliding calipers:
there is one cylinder per disk, the piston pushes directly on one pad (the one which continues to wear), the other pad is "pulled" by the body of the cylinder and the associated metal bits. The cylinder needs to slide in the grooves for this to happen, but you have an alloy cylinder resting on a steel base, and they corrode together.

When you take the cylinder off to do the pads clean all these sliding surfaces up so they are nice and smooth.
Don't breath in the dust when you clean it all up.[xx(]

On reassembly use "Copperease" or similar high temperature grease on the surfaces you've just cleaned.
DON'T get any of it on the disks or pad grippy face.

Your front wheel bearings will appreciate it, as they aren't being pushed against when you stop.
Your stopping power will improve by upto 100% from how it was - using both sides of the pads instead of just one.

Can Pete please confirm this is true on the grand-daughter of the Panda[?]

Regards

John H

Very true John.

Also if your calipers don't slide properly, the brakes may drag and slow you down. You don't need extra drag with 1108cc :)

Pete.
Cinq sporting 1242cc
http://mysite.freeserve.com/close_to_cracking_up/
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Cinqs_and_Seis/
http://www.clubcento.co.uk/

firstly better donz otherwise i wouldnt have replaced them with the same!
i used copper grease but makes sense what you're all saying i shall have to take my wheels off again and have a look. cheers people! :)

Mick
Cinquecento Sporting

Back