Technical Bouncy Suspension

Currently reading:
Technical Bouncy Suspension

This is Spax right, and its a whole kit rather than just springs? So, be honest Rob... if you hit a big pothole, does it crash into them like the standard car, or is that better? I dont mind the bouncing etc, just this harshness.

Yes SPAX RSX
fully adjustable springs and dampers

i try not to drive into potholes as it damages wheels and tyres!

Thats a politicians answer Rob, youre evading the question:):) OK, how about drain covers, ruts in the road and the like and very small potholes! Things you cant possibly avoid without driving all over the road swerving about!

well where i used to wince i now do not

of course the ride is firm, and if there is a big surface height change there is a sudden movement but i cannot say it is noisy and clonky

as i said mate - you are very welcome to compare your and my car back to back

A good offer, I might well do that someday. Still trying to find out more re the Ford set up.
Have established its softer, but want definate info which is impossible at the mo!
Evo magazine have said if they owned a 500 they would be straight down to Ford for all the suspension as in their words, it works properly:)

They reckon springs are 30% softer, with matched dampers, rear beam is 70% stiffer and softer anti roll bar bushes in the front. All sounds good, personally Id leave out the beam as I dont mind roly poly cars at all!

After a long time we drove today in hubbys Legacy over speed bumps in town - just for comparison, in 500 I have to go into second gear and under 20mph and STILL get bounced about like hell, in Legacy went over them at 30mph and barely felt it. I knew it was bad, but this bad!!:eek: I still don't mind though, 500 is infinitely more fun to drive in town - just wach out for those speed bumps! Ouch:cry:

After a long time we drove today in hubbys Legacy over speed bumps in town - just for comparison, in 500 I have to go into second gear and under 20mph and STILL get bounced about like hell, in Legacy went over them at 30mph and barely felt it. I knew it was bad, but this bad!!:eek: I still don't mind though, 500 is infinitely more fun to drive in town - just wach out for those speed bumps! Ouch:cry:

Off topic warning :p

What sort of Legacy is it? My wife has a Mk1 Legacy Turbo.

306maxi "Personally I think deep pan pizza tastes nicer than thin pan pizza, so should I go with the original and supposedly the best? Or should I just go with what I like?"

You should eat what you like, irrespective of what it's called, but, if there is such a thing as thin pan pizza, it's no nearer the original than a deep pan one - real pizza goes nowhere near a pan - those deep pan things may be edible - or even preferable - but they're not pizza.

306maxi "Personally I think deep pan pizza tastes nicer than thin pan pizza, so should I go with the original and supposedly the best? Or should I just go with what I like?"

You should eat what you like, irrespective of what it's called, but, if there is such a thing as thin pan pizza, it's no nearer the original than a deep pan one - real pizza goes nowhere near a pan - those deep pan things may be edible - or even preferable - but they're not pizza.

Well they're called pizza ;)

Of course you're right true pizza is stone baked but it's not the method that defines pizza it's the end product and they're all fairly similar at the end. Just like fish and chips could be deep fried, baked or even pan fried but it's still fish and chips even though when most people say fish and chips they mean deep fried from a chippie :)

I love OT chat :p

Is your car lowered at all?????

Any chance of measuring the approx ground clearance on the lower barce as I'll probably order one.

Hi mark

Approx ground clearance on my car is 115mm (not lowered). - as a rought guide it sits just above the bottom level of the rubber flap that is on the under side of the front bumper so if your worried about catching it you would get a warning first.

Chris

Hi mark

Approx ground clearance on my car is 115mm (not lowered). - as a rought guide it sits just above the bottom level of the rubber flap that is on the under side of the front bumper so if your worried about catching it you would get a warning first.

Chris

That was going to be my next question, thanks for being psycic!!!!!! And thanks for going out & measuring for me.

so 115-30= 85mm. mmm, not a lot of clearance!!!!!

Last edited:
That was going to be my next question, thanks for being psycic!!!!!! And thanks for going out & measuring for me.

so 115-30= 85mm. mmm, not a lot of clearance!!!!!

Not with another 30mm off - however have you caught the rubber strip on the bumbper yet? -also it sits just about level with the wheel centres so on speed bumps the car starts to rise up before the brace would make contact.

Back