Technical Bought wrong pulley

Currently reading:
Technical Bought wrong pulley

kuratage

Hi. I bought this crankshaft pulley damper for my multipla jtd. Unfortunately the original multipla's aux belt didn't fit in as too short.

The length of standard belt is 6k1835 but i had to replace with 6k1875. The crank pulley damper was straight fit.

I found the outer pulley metal is slightly bigger than standard one.

Screenshot_20190112-211428.jpegScreenshot_20190112-211407.jpegScreenshot_20190112-211404.jpeg

Hi. I bought this crankshaft pulley damper for my multipla jtd. Unfortunately the original multipla's aux belt didn't fit in as too short.

The length of standard belt is 6k1835 but i had to replace with 6k1875. The crank pulley damper was straight fit.

I found the outer pulley metal is slightly bigger than standard one.

View attachment 196606View attachment 196607View attachment 196608

Did you order it by part number?

Or was it just by year and engine output??

The item description did mention fiat multipla jtd 1996 to 2010 with 105 -120 hp as in attached picture.

So why i bought and luckily it was a straight fit with longer aux belt. IMG-20190112-WA0000.jpeg

The 6k1835 is a nightmare to get onto the JTD anyway pulley dimension aside. I did the same as you first time round and went with a longer belt as I couldn’t get it on. A couple of years later it needed replacing and I tried again after watching a video on you tube showing someone putting one on and I got it in. You’ll struggle to do it on your own though and that’s with the standard pulley, never mind s bigger one. Personally I think that belt puts too much stress on the system and your better off with a longer one. Marty.

The 6k1835 is a nightmare to get onto the JTD anyway pulley dimension aside. I did the same as you first time round and went with a longer belt as I couldn’t get it on. A couple of years later it needed replacing and I tried again after watching a video on you tube showing someone putting one on and I got it in. You’ll struggle to do it on your own though and that’s with the standard pulley, never mind s bigger one. Personally I think that belt puts too much stress on the system and your better off with a longer one. Marty.
Well. You are right about that.

Back