Technical Bought someone elses project, filling in the blanks...

Currently reading:
Technical Bought someone elses project, filling in the blanks...

RonniePedersen

First post: Hello World!

I'll preface this by saying that I have searched / browsed through the forum, and if nothing else, it has tought me that the odds of finding good answers here are high :).

But I'll fire off a bit of newbie-ness anyway:

I've indeed bought someone elses project. Maybe thats doing the car and previous owner an injustice, but anyhow - now its MY project...

It's a low'ish mile '08 GP T-jet, with a bit of mods, primarily to the engine. Details below, if interested.

Servicing has been done "in-house" for the last couple of years. I won't be able to keep this up, both for lack of skills but also location...

Brakes are not in the best shape, so my first order of business will be a somewhat comprehensive workshop service, using good OE parts.:

Full brakes front and rear, including fluid.
Oil and filter, including a helical job on the oil plug.
Cam belt and waterpump
... and then later on "Whatever the guys at the shop deem prudent"

Now, my actual question:

Are there any car/platform specific gotchas that should be observed with regards to servicing of above items? Any no-brainer upgrades beyond OE?

I know it's "just a car" and I have full faith in the shop performing the task, but it never hurts to ask...

Thanks...

Engine mods:
Garrett 1446, Cams, 390cc injectors, decat, upgraded cooler and IC, custom intake and upgraded clutch with single mass flywheel. Currently running an off the shelf tune from RP Corse. So it can huff and puff, although it does fall off a bit around 5-5.5 grand. But it'll get a proper dyno session at some point. I'd rather have a more peaky curve, and loose out on some mid range.

Thats for a different thread though :D

Cheers
Ronnie

Wow good luck that's going to be a fun car to drive

It's worth getting a copy of MES (Link) if you don't have one already.

Also read up on Proxy Alignment. Mine's not a T Jet but on some models it's definitely necessary after replacing the cam belt

Back