Technical Thermostat change in 1.9 Diesel engine 130CV

Currently reading:
Technical Thermostat change in 1.9 Diesel engine 130CV

Puntero

Hi!

I am looking for a tutorial on how to replace the thermostat in a Fiat Grande Punto Sport 1.9 Diesel 130CV.

Found something in this forum but not specific to my engine. By the way, my car is a left side driver one, just in case it makes any difference.

Anybody succeeded in performing this thermostat change in my engine model?. I already investigated a little in my car and found what I think it is the draining pipe to remove the coolant before attempting to replace the old thermostat. It is located at the bottom left side of the radiator. Seems that if you loosen that screw the coolant will not drain to somewhere you can easily collect it, so it makes me doubt if that is really the draining screw/pipe. If it is, then my plan would be to use a flexible hose to connect to that pipe so it can be drained directly to a proper container and avoid spilling of coolant all around.

After draining the coolant, any advice on how to remove/install the thermostat?. Seems the access is not easy, so I would assume you would have to remove something to be able to access the thermostat.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Imagen1.png
    Imagen1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
Back