Bought a new car ....

Currently reading:
Bought a new car ....

Citizen Smith

is one with the dark side
..for me mum :p .

Went out today and saw a car that we both liked :eek: (i must be getting old or something), sorted it all out and should pick it up next saturday. (y)

Attachments

• mondeo.jpg
    mondeo.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 33
beau_4076 said:
:( your poor mum, there worse built than my sisters punto too, my uncles mate has one, interior is falling to pieces.

Well the interior on this is like new, and will be looked after for many years to come.

@ wolfracepunto - yeah for a non ST it looks spot on, lot better than the normal Repmobiles you see:p . Traded in the old mondeo as well so right result today. The spec list is quite impressive - no satnav, but everything else you would expect on that sort of motor - has 18"s and look good :eek: OMG my mum has bigger wheels than me LOL.

Is it the Zetec S V6 or a normal Zetec on optional 18's?

My mate has a Zetec S V6 Estate which he is getting rid of; his misses, who drives like a nun, can only get 19mpg out of it :eek:

If it's not the V6, I hope it is the TDCi as I have had a few petrol Mondeo hire cars (1.8 and 2.0) in the land of the Autobahn and, to say the least, they are guttless...

That looks really nice for a Mondeo, it would look even better with some black alloys to go with that colour bodywork, but I spose your mums not gonna be up for that is she ;)

My dads had two of these to sell on and he hated them both. I love the grey colour they come in but i HATE fords with a passion. On on eof them the ebgine sensors failed symultanoeusly leaving him stranded on a 10 mile stretch of motorway between junctions :p and the other the gearbox had been rebuilt twice by ford and it still kept popping out of gear at any time through any type of revs. When you get it waxoyl it too as they rust like sh*te underneath! We has a 3 year old one of these in the other day and its sills are on the way out. Its a common thing with fords really. I would only have an old old ford as they have an excuse for being unreliable lol!

Anyway sorry for my rave, and when it boils down to it, you're happy with it and so's you're mum and thats the important thing (y)

Jordan

wolfracepunto said:
Your uncle's mate. ;) I think you need to realise that other cars do exist and are good, instead of thinking 'Not Fiat, so its crap'. Its getting a bit boring now...
I was gonna say the same thing mate but I didn't have the bottle :rolleyes:

One of the reasons for a section for other car makes, it would keep this stuff away from those that don't want to see it which would then avoid comments like Beau's which IMO don't look good on the forum.

wolfracepunto said:
Your post seemed constructive though (if what happened was true :p)

:p Lol well if on the off chance you ever got to meet my father (unlikely but anyway) you wouldnt want to mention it as if you were at his garage he keeps the knackered gearbox that he replced before he solds it (cost him £1700 from ford as no scrappers had one) on disply so that if anybody tells him they're wanting a ford he kicks it and shakes his head lo. He also keeps the handles that break on the 3dr fiesta's for pulling the seat to get in the back. (Sad i know but youd get a lecture about them if you did say anything about getting a ford lol:p )

Jordan

Back