General Boot water leak

Currently reading:
General Boot water leak

JCRR

Hello all
Daughters 2008 500 leaks water in boot on left hand side.
I’ve sealed antenna and bumper re enforcement bar and it still leak. Will it be the black roof seals after glass roof, can I remove these and seal roof channel?
How do I reattach these?
When putting back should bottom of the rubber seal touch roof?

Hello all
Daughters 2008 500 leaks water in boot on left hand side.
I’ve sealed antenna and bumper re enforcement bar and it still leak. Will it be the black roof seals after glass roof, can I remove these and seal roof channel?
How do I reattach these?
When putting back should bottom of the rubber seal touch roof?
I had both roof strips off on my 2011 to assess & clean
Both are just stuck down with strong double sided tape and will prize out but be gentle or you can bend the strip or chip your paint

Corrosion tends to happen towards the hatch end! Although mine was a little grotty there was no damage, I just sealed and then used tiger seal to re install the strips

Thanks all

I’ll pop roof seals out apply some teroson pu 9100 and stick seals back with double sided tape. At least then leaks not from there.

Thanks

Hello all

Sorry but no pictures ☹️

Lifted rubbers gently. Applied sealer to full area under rubber and a little on inside tailgate. Left to dry overnight and refitted rubber with double sided tape.

Happy to say I now think leak is fixed. I actually think there was a small hole in sealer which could be seen when opening tailgate but just wanted to make sure under rubber was also ok

Thanks all for your help 😊

SOLVED! I've just fixed a water leak in my 2008 Fiat 500, also left side rear corner where hatch/roof and C pillar all meet. The gap between two panels was obvious once I'd removed the black strip and cleaned the area. See the photo below. Teroson MS9320 sealer in the gap and to resecure the strip.

Attachments

• IMG_0302.JPG
    IMG_0302.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 143
Had this on the wife's fiat 500 it was leaking water in where the wires come out and join into the boot door seal pops in and out woth the closing of boot door just silconed it and no issue since

Back