Technical Boot locked

Currently reading:
Technical Boot locked

PNL

Banned
Ive just gone out to get shopping out of my boot pushed button on remote and nothing boot didnt pop i take it that its some kind of solinoid any body had this or replaced /repared this problem:(

How long you had the car?

First thing i did was make the boot unlock at the same time as the doors, far too much faffing about getting the key and pressing the button! Can be changed using the computer to the right of the steering wheel.

When i did have the individual boot lock activated i did notice that you need to push and hold the boot unlock button for a second or two! Not just a quick prod!

StiloBoy said:
How long you had the car?

First thing i did was make the boot unlock at the same time as the doors, far too much faffing about getting the key and pressing the button! Can be changed using the computer to the right of the steering wheel.

When i did have the individual boot lock activated i did notice that you need to push and hold the boot unlock button for a second or two! Not just a quick prod!

Bought it last sept adno probs until today also while sitting in car this morning the doors just locked them selves i reopened with the remote 2mins later same happened could my car have picked up a signal off another remote :confused:

If you unlock the doors but don't open them, they automatically re-lock themselfs after a set period of time. It's a security measure in case you forget to lock them again.

As for your boot not opening, you've probably changed the setting for that in the on board computer. Change the settings on "Ind. Boot" I think it's called.

StiloSport said:
If you unlock the doors but don't open them, they automatically re-lock themselfs after a set period of time. It's a security measure in case you forget to lock them again.

As for your boot not opening, you've probably changed the setting for that in the on board computer. Change the settings on "Ind. Boot" I think it's called.

Well alls been fine up until today so somethings gone wrong ill take off the tailgate card and see if i can find anything dont like messing with auto electrics but it might be somethig obvious i hope :(

Mine has also locked its doors and set the drivers door led going (like its been locked/deadlocked when leaving the car parked:confused: ) when I have been driving down the road... more worrying 1 incident of coming out one morning to find doors deadlocked but front windows down :eek: (normally walk round and check all doors/windows prior to walking away from car... Seat Malaga taught me dont trust central locking) Fiat checked it over but no fault found...

PNL said:
Well alls been fine up until today so somethings gone wrong ill take off the tailgate card and see if i can find anything dont like messing with auto electrics but it might be somethig obvious i hope :(

When I bought my Stilo second-hand in October just past (from a non-FIAT dealer), it came to me with this problem, and worse: the whole electric-open function was defunct! Not just the remote fob not openning the boot, but when unlocked, the trigger switch wouldn't open the boot either - I had to open it with the key!!!
(n)
However, (and despite the car coming "freshly serviced" and with a three-month warranty), I decided to take it to a FIAT dealership for a full service, and happened to mention the boot issue. They gave it a prelim check there-and-then (the usual; peeking in behind the boot card, etc.), and commented on it probably being the solenoid - they said they'd check, and if necessary, replace it with one from a new car in the forecourt!!! (I was a little curious at this).
In the end, it turned out to be a case of faulty wiring contacts - they fixed it with no extra charge (they were getting enough out of me)!!!

So, the moral is, there's a possibility of it being a straight-forward issue - take a look at it yourself first before spending big money on it...

Hope this helps...

"Well alls been fine up until today so somethings gone wrong ill take off the tailgate card and see if i can find anything dont like messing with auto electrics but it might be somethig obvious i hope "

I'd eliminate the key fob first before ripping apart the boot lid by selecting all doors and boot on the car computer and seeing if the boot locks/ unlocks along with all the other doors from the key fob. Any chance the fob batteries are getting low? They tend to send out spurious signals when they do

Last edited:
Deckchair5 said:
"Well alls been fine up until today so somethings gone wrong ill take off the tailgate card and see if i can find anything dont like messing with auto electrics but it might be somethig obvious i hope "

I'd eliminate the key fob first before ripping apart the boot lid by selecting all doors and boot on the car computer and seeing if the boot locks/ unlocks along with all the other doors from the key fob. Any chance the fob batteries are getting low? They tend to send out spurious signals when they do

OK just been into computer its set for all doors open/lock together and tryed spare remote same result on both fobs so it looks like it may be the solinoid anyone changed one shouldnt be that hard :)

Solenoids are usually straightforward when you get access but test the connections first as 90% of problems seem to be poor connectors. See if you're you're getting power to the solenoid. If you're confident with what you're doing, I'd see if I could put 12v across the solenoid and check if it was working before dismantling it from the car

Deckchair5 said:
Solenoids are usually straightforward when you get access but test the connections first as 90% of problems seem to be poor connectors. See if you're you're getting power to the solenoid. If you're confident with what you're doing, I'd see if I could put 12v across the solenoid and check if it was working before dismantling it from the car

thanks all i will take of tailgate card and have a look (y)

I have changed a few solenoids on Stilo boots, check the signal from the body computer by using the remote and test the output to the solenoid.

Back