General Central locking short range

Currently reading:
General Central locking short range

BBRodriguez

Hello everyone, i bought a Stilo only with a spare key without a remote control,
I have now made a new key with a remote control, but the problem is that it only works from the inside of the car, or if you keep the key close to the windows,
I changed the battery and did not help
If the problem is in the antenna of the central lock, who knows where I can find it to inspect

Translated everything in google so sorry for good english

Hello everyone, i bought a Stilo only with a spare key without a remote control,
I have now made a new key with a remote control, but the problem is that it only works from the inside of the car, or if you keep the key close to the windows,
I changed the battery and did not help
If the problem is in the antenna of the central lock, who knows where I can find it to inspect

Translated everything in google so sorry for good english
According to the Stilo workshop manual (eLEARN):

The Body Computer Node receives a signal from the remote control via the radio aerial. Once the signal is received, it sends a door open/close signal to the door nodes and boot node

According to the Stilo workshop manual (eLEARN):

The Body Computer Node receives a signal from the remote control via the radio aerial. Once the signal is received, it sends a door open/close signal to the door nodes and boot node
Radio aerial, is the antenna on the roof? Or it has a specific one only for remote control?
I dont have a laptop right now to check elearn

Receivers for the remote control signal are usually on the dashboard somewhere, since that makes them easier to wire in. I would look around the steering column, since the antenna to pick up the key code is in there, and it might make sense that Fiat wired the two together. It may even be the same antenna?

The other candidate is the little flashing LED on top of the driver's door panel ... but when my door became disconnected (the big plug lost connection) nothing in the door worked (even the locking) but the other doors still locked/unlocked.. so this might only prove that it's *not* the LED in the door..

Ralf S.

Back