Technical Boot Lid Won't Open

Currently reading:
Technical Boot Lid Won't Open

Bootlegdj

Went to put my suitcase in the boot this morning and it wouldn't open. I could hear the mechanism moving/working but it did not pop up and the soft handle underneath didn't work either. I tried putting the key in the lock to open manually and still nothing. Any ideas? It's not locked... it just won't pop open no matter what you try. I'd like to check the fuse but if the mechanism is working then i dont think the problem is electrical (besides... i cvant get into the boot to check the fuses!!!)

Please help

Sounds like the lock and levers are jammed if it wont open with the key then god knows how you will open it hang on you haven't altered the trip settings on the stalk have you ? you can alter the setting independent boot etc try it and see :)

what's a stalk? ... If you mean the Nav+ headunit then no, I know that there is an option on there for the independent boot release but i have not touched it. The lock machanism seems ok... it isnt stiff and the key works etc but the soft pressure pad wont activate the solenoid (pop up).

are you supposed to get a click or something when you press the button on the keys? i hear nothing but i can open the boot with the soft catch, always used to the boot "popping"? problem with my boot? nothing major just a thought

Hey

Sounds like some part of the mechanism inside the boot has become detached and is not forcing the boot to pop up from its locked position. Try opening it up with the key; any success??

If not, and if you want to do it yourself, the only way I can think of doing it is taking the seats down, going into the boot, destroying the black trim and gaining access that way; the trim is about £15 i think.

Good luck!

Back