General Blue&Me

Currently reading:
General Blue&Me

chromegrey said:
have any of you tried plugging in a harddrive (using a usb caddy) to see if it's picked up - if it is you could fit a lot of songs on a 40gb disk etc

Don't USB HD caddies require mains power as well?

I suppose in theory it would work.

I've just came back from my dealer. He hasn't got any idea about B&Me, but luckily there was a more up to date dealer as well, who told me that it is finally orderable in Hungary (actually a bit cheaper than the C1 Kit). So, on Wednesday morning I'm going to pay some advance and order my GP Sport 1.4 16V. :yum: Now that 2 months should just fly away...

EDIT: I've just found this: http://www.fiat.it/cgi-bin/pbrand.d...khmllcefecejgdfiidgnm.0&contentOID=1074084323 There is a pdf file (in Italian), which explains how to pair your phone with B&Me, import phonebook etc.

Last edited:
A USB Memory stick and USB HDD have the same Device Class ID in Windows so yeah a HDD should work as long as its formated FAT the same as the majority of USB Memory sticks, Although like it was said earlier power is a issue. I dont know of a USB HDD yet that is powered from the USB port
icon9.gif

ChrisUK said:
A USB Memory stick and USB HDD have the same Device Class ID in Windows so yeah a HDD should work as long as its formated FAT the same as the majority of USB Memory sticks, Although like it was said earlier power is a issue. I dont know of a USB HDD yet that is powered from the USB port
icon9.gif

try a laptop usb hard drive, they work without power from the mains

I use my 60 gig ipod with my Sporting. WOrks perfectly with all MP3 tracks. AAC will never play as Apple owns the rights. Works perfectly. Gives me access to 20k tracks from the steering wheel. Oh and the Blue % Me charges the Ipod as well!

Re: Blue&Me again....

courtster said:
Ah ha, I've had the truth out of Fiat at last.
No cars are coming with Blue&Me yet. So to compensate me they gave me a choice of stuff.
1. A top spec Alpine system with iPod output, about £350 worth.
2. A different system with generic mp3 support.
3. Satnav unit

I didn't want any of those, and asked if I could choose the factory fit 10 disc multichanger as I like the standard head unit.

Am i happy i hear you ask? Just......
Hi
Just wondering did you get compensated as i have had a GP sporting since 1st march and mine will not plug and play devices through the usb tried 3 different types of ipod usb dongle and pda all failed to work.
When did you buy yours as i too may have to contact the dealer to fix this.

robk77 said:
I've been fiddling round with Blue&Me tonight despite no instructions! What I've gathered so far is that the system is great, brilliant voice recognition set up, very user friendly. I've added a couple of pics taken of the USB port in the glovebox. It recognises my iPod Shuffle but only reads MP3 files and not AAC encoded ones which means I'm going to have to go through and convert the files - although only for files burnt from a CD. Those bought from the iTunes website are AAC only and cannot be converted - bugger!
You can burn itunes to cd then extract back to your pc as mp3 files

Someone must have answers????!!!!

OK I have the old Bluetooth without the Blue & Me which I would dearly like to have. Does anyone know if it's updatable so I can have Blue and Me instead of the normal Bluetooh? It's the one with the USB port in the glovebox that doesn't seem to have any funtionality. I checked on the FIAT website and the cost is still £250.00 for Blue & Me as an optional extra. Surely it's not fair that we pay the same amount and don't get the full Blue & Me capability?

SOMEONE PLEASE SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS AS IT'S TOTALLY DOIN MY HEAD IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

VinylHogger said:

OK I have the old Bluetooth without the Blue & Me which I would dearly like to have. Does anyone know if it's updatable so I can have Blue and Me instead of the normal Bluetooh? It's the one with the USB port in the glovebox that doesn't seem to have any funtionality. I checked on the FIAT website and the cost is still £250.00 for Blue & Me as an optional extra. Surely it's not fair that we pay the same amount and don't get the full Blue & Me capability?

SOMEONE PLEASE SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS AS IT'S TOTALLY DOIN MY HEAD IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

No, you can't upgrade to Blue and Me. If you look through this thread though, Courtster got compensated by Fiat as they've been showing Blue and Me on the specified options before it was actually available.

VinylHogger said:

Thanks

What you require is an IPOD interface - the usb on the glove box will not work on early models.
I have just bought one of these from Fiat for my GP Sporting.
Part number is - 50901536 Approx £70
This then plugs into back of the radio and threads through to the small tray behind the ashtray. Then plugs in to IPOD.
This will operate IPOD from the steering wheel controls or radio.
The setup is defaulted to run from playlists created with itunes.
Unfortunatly there is no holder for the IPOD with this kit.
This part took a lot of tracking down for me because Fiat don't seem to know it exists? Well worth it though.
This kit only works for IPODS -

One thing worth pointing out to everybody is that The Grande Punto does not really exist it is just a PUNTO.
Regards
Shaun

Picked up my GP sporting yesterday, and been playing with Blue&Me, the usb has accepted my USB Flash Disk, and is playing WMA's / MP3's no problem. (2gig). The phone system is superb, really clear, bit of a pain to figure out how to transfer my contacts (simply because my phone is a pain, but by following the insturctions word for word, it works).
so far so good, really impressed.

I think i might kick up a fuss about not being able to use a mp3 player with the system because at the time of buying it i was under the impression it would and then maybe i can get that ipod interface for nothing and then i'll just have to ask for an ipod :yuck: very nicely for my birthday....

Bob in disguise said:
I think i might kick up a fuss about not being able to use a mp3 player with the system because at the time of buying it i was under the impression it would and then maybe i can get that ipod interface for nothing and then i'll just have to ask for an ipod :yuck: very nicely for my birthday....

I tried to complain for the same reason but the brochure does say it connects to IPODS not mp3 players

No i was under the impression that i had blue&me on my car since the website said it was standard on the sporting before it actually was and the dealer told me while i was test driving the car the sporting could have mp3 players plugged into it through the usb slot in the glove!

EDIT: Also spoke to the dealer about the ipod interface and its £64

Last edited:
Bob in disguise said:
No i was under the impression that i had blue&me on my car since the website said it was standard on the sporting before it actually was and the dealer told me while i was test driving the car the sporting could have mp3 players plugged into it through the usb slot in the glove!

Yeah thats what i paid. rounded up in case someone said it was dearer.
I bought my car 2 days before they even launched the model and picked it u on 1st march 06 so did not know about blue and me then but did not mind as i use ipods anyway as my music player.

Bob in disguise said:

Already tried it Bob, they apologised for the misleading information and that the information on both the website and in the brouchure was wrong but said that as the dealer never said that Blue & Me would be fitted to the car that they'd done nothing wrong.

I'm going to get me one of these with my Fiat vouchers.

the dealer may have done nothing wrong, but the fact is that the web site etc said that blue and me was available.
I'd contact trading standards about it if I were you ,as Fiat sold you a car that hasn't provided the spec they advertised and that you ordered.
try speaking to Fiat directly.
The dealership should be able to do something about it and then claim it back from Fiat.

(Personally I think its a clear case of false advertisement to increase sales).

Back