General Blue&Me

Currently reading:
General Blue&Me

Re: Blue&Me again....

So, another day, another chat to the Fiat dealers about Blue&Me, but finally i'm getting somewhere - in a roundabout way :confused:

Got a call, he said they had an email from someone from Fiat Italia with the Blue&Me instructions that are attached here.

Now it clearly states that "The Blue&Me™ media player is compatible with most of the mass storage devices with USB 1.0, 1.1 or 2.0" and "Below you can will find recommended USB mass storage device"

Model Size USB type
Memorex® Travel Driver 256 MB USB 2.0
Memorex® Travel Driver 1 GB USB 2.0
SanDisk® Cruzer™ Micro 256 MB USB 2.0
SanDisk® Cruzer™ Mini 256 MB / 1 GB USB 2.0
Lexar™ JumpDrive® 2.0 512 MB USB 2.0
PNY® Attaché 256 MB USB 2.0
Sony® Micro Vault® 256 MB up to 2 GB USB 2.0

Now the dealer (who is clueless to such technology) is stating that means that only those 7 devices will work and thats why mine isn't working. This is obvious to anyone that "most" devices will work but they have tested these 7 devices.

Now to top it off the only way I can convince this idiot dealer is going and buying one of devices now to prove it doesn't work and needs a software update - grrr I'm mad :mad:

Attachments

• BLUE and ME.doc
    43.5 KB · Views: 316

So I went and purchased one of the aforementioned devices, namely a PNY Attaché 256mb USB2 pen drive - does it work i hear you ask? Does is F!

I'm fuming now, I knew it wouldn't work, but was made to go and buy one anyway to prove a point.

First thing tomorrow i'm off to the dealer to really have a go - As I showed them it actually had a USB port, you'd think they'd bow to my greater knowledge on such things.

I've told them it needs a software update, but do they listen? No, of course not. Well at least, as quoted by Jane there "i'll have all the ammuntion we need to give back to Fiat" if I bought the right device. :bang:

I'd print the responses from this feed as evidence as well, as I posted an update to say that the software had been updated on my car, and seeing as I havent got my car yet and you have yours, I would guess that you are running on an earlier version.

In addition, having looked at the blue & me doc containing the devices, it doesnt even list the phone I have, and yet at the dealership where I have ordered my car, he tested the connection with the same phone as mine and it worked without error.
As the lists states it is 'Suggested' devices, you don't need the ones specifically listed to use the cars features.

Well, with the bluetooth phone system, all bluetooth phones will connect using the "hands-free" profile. But certain phones listed there will "pull" the phonebook from your phone automatically rather than you having to send the phonebook manually to the car.

So I walked in there with gusto, showed them the device not working and they're getting in touch with Fiat Technical in Italy with my chassis number etc to find out what I already know.

Matt and Bob, why don't you get them to demo the system in your car when you pick them up next week ;)

Guess what, I am right! Got word back from the dealer, my car and all built at around the same time was built with the bluetooth system with the option code 55G whereas the later cars are coming out with the blue&me option code of 4J3. There you go then - go and ask your dealer what your code is.

It's not over tho, the dealer has encouraged me to continue with the complaint to get it sorted, as fiat uk and its dealers were advertising and selling the car with this functionality.

Bloody brilliant, bet you're dead chuffed about that one, here's hoping Fiat will compensate you generously, though I don't think Blue & Me can be retrofitted?

It actually jogged my memory about an article on Blue & Me I read about a few weeks back and it showed a picture of the steering wheel controls for those cars fitted with it. Instead of the old version, which has a button with the logo of a phone on it, Blue & Me has a steering wheel button with the Microsoft Windows logo on it. Although no compensation for Courtster, others that are expecting a Sporting may well find that this simple identification will tell them what system is fitted to their cars.

robk77 said:
Bloody brilliant, bet you're dead chuffed about that one, here's hoping Fiat will compensate you generously, though I don't think Blue & Me can be retrofitted?

See I still think the system can be retrofitted as I believe it's the same hardware but with a new software revision. There was a post on here a last week from someone who said their dealer had had the update done at the factory.

Only time will tell......

robk77 said:
Although no compensation for Courtster

Ah ha, I've had the truth out of Fiat at last.
No cars are coming with Blue&Me yet. So to compensate me they gave me a choice of stuff.
1. A top spec Alpine system with iPod output, about £350 worth.
2. A different system with generic mp3 support.
3. Satnav unit

I didn't want any of those, and asked if I could choose the factory fit 10 disc multichanger as I like the standard head unit.

Am i happy i hear you ask? Just......

courtster said:
Ah ha, I've had the truth out of Fiat at last.
No cars are coming with Blue&Me yet. So to compensate me they gave me a choice of stuff.
1. A top spec Alpine system with iPod output, about £350 worth.
2. A different system with generic mp3 support.
3. Satnav unit

I didn't want any of those, and asked if I could choose the factory fit 10 disc multichanger as I like the standard head unit.

Am i happy i hear you ask? Just......

So they are selling a system that they don't even have?:eek:

I'm completely confused as Fiat told me the whole reason behind delivery of my original GP order was because of the switch over from the old bluetooth system to Blue & Me. This (again according to Fiat) has now been sorted, Blue & Me is now ready to go and being fitted as of last week..

Back